Job description / Role
Amentum is seeking linguists with excellent English skills to grow our talented and diverse team globally towards our mission's success. We are looking for dedicated linguist professionals in a variety of languages/dialects to support our intelligence community customer OCONUS. Linguists will support U.S. military operations in Bahrain as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in an assigned area of responsibility. Linguists will contribute an assortment of language services and will be responsible for providing cultural perspective and understanding of the region's historical, political, sociological, and economic trends to select members of the senior leadership staff.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position:
- Provide operational contract linguist support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meeting, and conferences.
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications.
- Scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents for key information.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess excellent command of Hebrew & English verbal skills; Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) proficiency level 3 in target language and proficiency level 3 in English based on oral language skills examination, and 3 for English reading comprehension.
- Must hold a current U.S. passport. (Or apply as soon as accepted into the program).
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance for access to classified information or be granted one prior to deployment.
- Must be willing to work in Bahrain and aboard Navy vessels for up to a few weeks at a time.
- Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 operations.
- Must have familiarity with and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
- Must undergo medical examination and meet Army MOD16 requirements.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.