Job description / Role
We believe our Talent Team is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is wishing to pursue a career in HR to gain valuable skills providing administrative support to the wider team. You will be working closely with the HR services and the business to ensure consistency of user experience, client satisfaction, timeliness and responsiveness of service, quality of service, efficiency of delivery etc. Assist with the overall support, coordination and logistics of learning for all Service Lines. The role supports the deployment of both the technical and firm-wide curriculum.
Your key responsibilities
As a Coordinator, you will provide accurate administrative support in relation to the on-boarding, Exit and Talent Development.
• Support onboarding employees from Day 1 - 90
• Support new joiners in settling into a new country, navigating local customs, administration and pastoral care
• Support new joiners with finding schools and a home where required
• Ensure all correct documentation is in place, hard copy files are created and all documentation is filed in hard and e-copy
• Report back any areas of concern or risk to the HR Enablement Consultant
• Ensure 100% accuracy of hard copy personnel files for all Employees based in location
• Ensure 100% transfer of all hard copy files to the Employee’s e-file hosted within Share Point and GSS
• Ensure all legally required documents are stored in hard copy and e-file format
• Print, sign and distribution Employees letters and liaise with the legal entity signature to sign contracts
• Represent EY during any ad hoc or organization labour inspections
• Where local providers require local support, manage necessary medical claims and queries
• WPS execution with immigration and finance to ensure legal compliance
• Understand and have knowledge of key talent processes
• Be aware of changes to local employment law and communicate these to necessary parties including ER and HR Enablement
• Provide advice to employees and counselors as appropriate (and when this is not delivered by shared services or Talent Consultants)
• Manage local celebratory events
• Execute all exit procedures that must be done locally
• Review the learning curriculum and calendar for both technical and firm-wide learning to ensure full understanding of what courses will be deployed locally for the year and when
• Assist with identifying target learners to attend local deployment of courses
• Liaise with the SL stakeholders to understand the learning needs of the target group to ensure appropriate selection of nominations
• Ensure full familiarization and compliance with the MENA learning policy and procedures document
• Responsible for ensuring all course details, including costings are completed on the standard template and returned to Talent Services immediately after the deployment of a local course for upload in to the learning budgeting tool
• Ensure the correct modules and objectives of each course are understood and stated to ensure accurate and timely release of the course feedback survey
• Ensure all CE hours have been accurately recorded and sent to Talent Services for upload in the HR Systems
• Participate on Assurance coordinator calls and other SL calls on an ‘as needs basis’
• Follow up on CE delinquents within the Assurance Service Line and other SLs on an ‘as needs basis’
• Ensure all courses have the appropriate codes created on a timely basis through liaison with the central learning team
• Full management of on-site support during local deployment of courses including end-to-end facilitator management
• Manage registration and attendance lists on the day of the course
• Ensure timely reporting to the central learning team of any no-shows or cancellations
• Ensure appropriate refreshments are provided for facilitators and attendees within an agreed budget
• Ensure all course materials are available in advance of the course for distribution to the facilitator and participants at the start of the course
• Where applicable obtain necessary cost approvals from office SL Leader or MENA Learning Leader for in-office courses
• Monitor all costs incurred during training to ensure no budget overruns
• Participate in budgeting exercise for technical learning where appropriate through consultation with the business and central SL learning team
• Understand and follow company policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent communicator; English, both written and verbal
• Maintaining strong relationships with HR Consultants and other functions to ensure that their expectations are managed and met
• Pro-actively suggesting process improvements and a willingness to take on additional projects
To qualify for the role you must have
• 0-2 experience of working in HR operations within a professional services firm or a complex organization
• A bachelor degree in human resources or a related discipline
• Familiar with country immigration and labour laws
• Knowledge of HR policies, processes and talent management practices within professional services or other industry preferred
• Experience of working in HR Operations, Talent Development or a similar function is a plus
• A passion to pursue your CIPD in the future or already have this qualification
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate process and procedures clearly
• An enthusiastic, can do approach and be a strong team player
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who is wishing to pursue a career in HR to gain valuable skills providing administrative support to the wider team. We’re looking for someone like you who has the autonomy to manage their stakeholders, offering advice on best practice delivering high quality administrative support to your team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.