Job description / Role
Our client specializes in maritime repair and fabrication. The company is based in Bahrain and has 5,000 employees and generates over $160 million in revenue. They are currently looking for an HR Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Formulate and drive HR long term strategy in line the with the company’s strategic objectives.
• Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the HR Division. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures, prepares, and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
• Provide high level recommendation to the HR Senior Manager on the Organization Development, Manpower Planning, Administration, Compensation and Benefits, Employee relations and Talent Management.
• Direct the development of HR related operational policies that covers all relevant legislative requirements and ensure that they are fulfilled and adhered to
• Formulate knowledge, skills and competencies development initiatives and programs in alignment with company’s strategy and market practice.
• Formulate a corporate compensation scheme that ensures the right caliber of staff is attracted and retained in alignment with the company strategic objectives.
• Establishes and oversees the management of the recruitment process, ensuring that potential candidates are targeted in the most effective way and that appropriate processes are deployed to maximize the fit between first choice candidates and Company’s requirements.
• To ensure an acceptable standard of Quality, Environmental, OHSAS and Security Management System is maintained in accordance with recognized working practices and the Company’s QEHS&S Manual and Policy.
• Co-ordinates and directs the application, interpretation and administration of the Company’s personnel policies, procedures, and plans, covering vacation/leave plans, performance appraisals, salary advances, allowances, deductions, transfers, various company benefit/plans, Government Social Insurance Law, compensation for industrial injury cases and disability in respect of all company employees.
• Directs the activities and administers all travel and transportation arrangements for all expatriate employees and their family members.
• Directs and advice, coordinate and applies techniques appropriate practice to maintain good industrial relations.
• Maintain companywide payroll for the employees to include processing, reporting, reconciliation, accruals, bonuses, and other company pay policies timely and accurately.
• Develop matrix to assess effectiveness of training programs, HR initiatives, policies, and processes / procedures.
• Provides advice and guidance to HR Senior Manager and line supervision on employee relations, compensation, and benefit plans.
• Prepares statistics on manpower/salary/allowances for the use of Company’s Management and Board of Directors.
Qualification & Requirements:
• University Degree in Technical or Economics Business Studies with specialized knowledge of work study and organization in additional to knowledge in Law and Training.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the industrial/manufacturing industry.
• High degree of communication skills and ability to manage and motivate a team.
• Ability for interface and to negotiate with senior executive.
• Trustworthy, honest & keep confidentially.
• Excellent command in English & Arabic language (Written & Spoken).
• Strong leadership, problem solving and decision-making ability.
• High level of leadership qualities & managerial skills.
• Remarkable level of managerial ability to lead and guide a big team of personal and supervisors.
• Ability to initiate improvements in working methods with active subordinate participation.
• Capacity for initiative and logical thinking to solve problems with emphasis on long-term aspects.
• Candidate must be Bahraini
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Human Resources (HR) Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
HR Business Partner / HR Manager
Group HR and Admin Manager