Job description / Role
Our client maintains a reputation for one of the most popular distribution, retail and production organizations in Bahrain. They are currently looking for an HR Operations Manager - Global Sourcing & Supply Division to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Align the recruitment plan with the Group’s hiring strategy to identify and attract the most qualified candidates for a given role.
• Conduct interviews, selection, and placement of applicants and liaise with external employment agencies and recruiters as necessary.
• Manage vacancies advertised on the Company’s portal ensuring all adverts meet Company standards.
• Screen applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
• Present and negotiate offers to successful candidates and prepare employment contracts accordingly.
• Perform employee background checks and verify the information.
• Administer pre-employment testing to measure basic skills.
• Manage candidate lifecycle from the initial application through the final job offer.
• Develop and execute recruiting plans by networking through industry contacts, association memberships, hr groups, social media, employees and implement college recruiting initiatives.
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance for future needs.
• Liaise with the Learning & Department Section for Onboarding and Corporate Inductions as necessary.
• Maintain staff leave records (annual, sick, casual leave, etc.) and time & attendance and maintain an accurate filing system to meet Internal Audit standards.
• Responsible for managing employee’s emergencies: bereavement, death, illness by providing them the needed assistance within company policy.
• Regulate employees’ benefits scheme adhering to company rules and regulations: new-born, marriage, education gifts, and any others.
• Ensure all appointments, promotions, probationary reviews, retirements, transfers are done as per the Company’s procedures and Countires Labor Law requirements.
• Ensure the HR System is updated regularly for administrative and recordkeeping purposes.
• Collect data on cost per hire and time-to-hire for costing purposes and collate the information for MIS reporting.
• Work with the hiring managers to create job descriptions and ensure all Job Descriptions are up to date.
• Conduct Exit Interview formalities in line with HR policy and procedures, providing leavers with certifications needed.
• Liaise with payroll for the employees' final settlement.
• Administer and maintain HR policies in line with country labor laws.
• Schedule management meetings with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
• Participate in disciplinary meetings and recommend actions in line with the country’s labor law and code of discipline.
• Attend job seminars organized by the Ministry of Labor and represent the company at job fairs and college campuses.
• Implement learning programs that are aligned with division’s business objectives.
• Support line managers to initiate development plans for their teams.
• Liaise with L & D section to create, update and implement career ladder plan.
• Liaise with L & D to streamline the performance management system with the Group.
• Assist management to control labor costs by aligning operating costs with the budget plan.
• Identify promotions, benefits, and other upcoming staff costs to be optimized within the budget.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a relevant field.
• Human Recourse professional certifications - CIPD level 5 would be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
• Strong knowledge of labor legislation and payroll processes.
• Good understanding of the full recruitment process.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid problem-solving and team management abilities.
• Expert with various HRIS applications.
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Applications.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering