Job description / Role
• Responsible for EHS Implementation & ensure compliance by all parties with COMPANY’s / Client HSE requirements, and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including all laws, rules and regulations (as amended from time to time) of the government of Bahrain
• To ensure compliance with the company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by COMPANY from time to time.
• Monitoring contractor’s HSE site activities and ensuring compliance to safe work practices as per the UAE local regulations and project HSE plans and specifications.
• To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
• To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
• Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
• Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
• Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
• Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks.
• Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
• Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
• Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same.
• Managing projects, formulating & finalizing the publication of technical reports.
• Provide advice, information and training for the project management team across all aspects of the health, safety and environmental management system to ensure the highest result
• Ensures all aspects of emergency preparedness and resources are in place and appropriate for the identified risks and simulated/ checked for effectiveness through emergency exercises and drills.
• Conduct internal audits as required by the project / client and recommending remedial action in line with clients requirements.
• Giving presentations to client & higher management for contractor performance.
• Establish formal reporting arrangements on the project progress for the client.
• Recommend corrective actions through pro-active job supervision by regular visits to the operational site activities and generate inspection reports.
• Assisting HSE Engineer/officer for timely incident Investigating and reporting as per the client procedures
• Ensure the maintenance and repair of machinery, plant and equipment, scaffolding erection/dismantling is carried out as appropriate, by a contractor’s competent person. Ensure that testing, inspection and maintenance of lifting & electrical equipment as required.
• Must have at least 7-10 years total work experience.
• Degree or Diploma in Engineering or related subject, from a recognized University.
• Professional Accreditations; ISO, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
• Middle East Experience minimum of 5 years
• Excellent command English both written and spoken.
• Experience of EHS Implementation & compliance by all parties with COMPANY’s / Client HSE requirements, and regulations and all relevant legislation, including laws, rules and regulations of the government of Bahrain
• Experience in compliance with the company’s objectives and regulations and in monitoring contractor’s HSE site activities.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
HSE Officer - Water Infrastructure
|Abu Dhabi||7 Apr|
RTC-1 Employment Services
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE