Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
- Dedicated point of contact for all Human Capital issues in the offices or Shared Service Centre. Proactively identify issues and ensure HC service delivery directly or indirectly through the relevant HR contact.
- Achieving the goals of the People Team Function within budget
- Act as a reference for enquiries about HR Administration policies & procedures for all employees, and escalating issues or enquiries not served in current policies to specialised teams
- On board and integrate new employees into the organization
- Liaise with the central HR team in effective implementation of all HR systems and procedures
- Work towards being a high quality internal service provider and to ensure that all HR business support requirements on the ground
- Deliver employment certificates/letters
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building productive cross-functional relationship
- Support implementation of HR policies for the offices
- Report HR activities and data on a regular basis, including benefits information, census data, and loss ratio information to support in decision making
- Assist whenever needed, the Recruitment and career development managers by securing logistics required for training, On boarding, recruitment
- Adhere to processes and standards for service delivery and support implementation of them
- Coordinate with relevant HR contacts to ensure timely and effective HR service delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Professional Certification in Human Resources is preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic is an advantage
- 2+ years of HR experience.
- Previous HR generalist experience with understanding of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, performance management, talent development, employee relations and compensation and benefits
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of labor laws is preferred
- Knowledge of HR best practices and processes
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.