Job description / Role
Apply for the job if you have hotel experience
Scope of Work:
• To audit and verify all revenue transactions, record them and prepare daily and monthly sales and other reports for management according to hotel policies and procedures.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Audit all outlet reports and tally them with Opera for accuracy. Check that genuine discounts are given.
• Control and reconcile the daily sales in the outlets.
• Audit F&B and all other hotel revenue generated and ensure the accuracy.
• Audit the credit card transactions for accuracy. Ensure the POS details summary reports agree with Opera.
• Check the authenticity of all FO paid outs/rebates and outlet rebates and verify for accuracy.
• Controls together with Credit Supervisor on daily basis PM and permanent folios.
• Audit all administrative PM folios and lost interface posting charges. Analyze and transfer them to respective accounts/folios.
• Perform month end closing and ensure that the trial balance agree with general ledger.
• Prepares daily and monthly revenue reports for the management.
• Reconcile third party revenue with Opera and do their final settlements
• Finalize the monthly staff PM deductions for each month (including those for third parties)
• Train Front Office Reception staff in relation to Opera postings, accounting or system related issues, No Show Procedure, etc.
• Prepare the Month End Tips Reports for all outlets.
• Check the Bed Tax Report and any non-updating communicate with Front Office for updating and send the final report to Asst. Dir. of Finance / Dir. of Finance.
• Prepare any report or work requested by Dir. of Finance.
• Check the accuracy of all revenue figures; identify and obtain explanations from respective personnel for reason for variances.
• Check the Spa Soft report and Opera revenue figures match up on a daily basis.
Additional duties, includes ensuring that:
• The trial balance should tally with that of Opera
• The Night Auditor figures should tally with the Daily Revenue Report & Opera Trial Balance.
• Make physical spot check in all outlets.
• Submit daily rebates, paid outs and any other PM Master folios, reports to Director of Finance for review and approval.
• Maintain proper filing and record retention and is familiar with Income Audit policies and procedures.
• Be familiar completely with hotel systems P.M.S., P.O.S.
• Check Opera reports for accuracy and unusual transactions. Verify and audit all adjustments and corrections.
• Carry out any other accounting work assigned by Director of Finance.
• Be familiar with hotel Income audit Finance policies.
Further Responsibilities Include:
• Responsibilities include analyzing the night audit work for accuracy and completeness, verifying allowances and miscellaneous postings for proper authorization and coding and preparing the daily revenue report.
• Responsible for all daily income of the Hotel;
• On a daily basis, verify that the daily-created Opera night audit spool files are working
• Correctly and closely audit the trial balance. Verify that there are no control sums for Guest Ledger, City Ledger and Deposit Ledger. Report any discrepancies to the Director of Finance and investigate the differences.
• Sort and file all back up received in the night audit files from night receptionist. Liaise closely, with night auditor and review night audit work daily for accuracy.
• Work closely with Front Office (FO) and Food & Beverage (F&B) to ensure postings are accurate and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
• Create, review and save a daily Gross Revenue Report (GRR) for management by 09:35 AM.
• Review all rebates and allowances and ensure they are properly authorized and to report all deviations from prevailing policies and procedures;
• Verification of Revenue from Rooms, Food and Beverage and other Operational Departments and rectify any discrepancies;
• Ensure timely preparation and distribution of daily revenue report;
• Verification of all Food and Beverage discounted / complimentary checks are justified, properly recorded into POS system.
BHD 400 to 500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or relevant field
• Minimum experience: 3 years in income auditing for hotels/resorts/hospitality
• Additional accounting certifications is a plus
• Hotel experience is a must.
About the Company
Edara Consultancy is a company that offers top tier Human Resources and Administration outsourcing solutions and provide companies and business owners an alternative choice for managing their Human Resources function.
In a globalized and competitive market as well as the ever growing local and international regulations, the demand for HR services whether on a basic or sophisticated level has become compulsory. Edara consultancy was established to address these needs and provide business owners flexible options by choosing the service that best fits their business.