Job description / Role
Reporting to the Global Head of Infrastructure, you will be responsible for the global IT infrastructure and systems engineering with a heavy focus on internal and cloud-based Microsoft technologies (O365, Azure, Servers, etc.).
A leading multi-national organisation looking to grow their existing infrastructure team.
* Prepare documentation and keep existing documentation up-to-date.
* Provide feedback and insight on designing and scaling internal and cloud-based environments and tools.
* Work as part of a team to help support applications by learning more about underlying infrastructure technologies used (e.g., Nutanix, VMWare, Kaspersky AV, Cisco network and Call Manager, etc.).
* Troubleshoot and assist with resolving application, database, and end-user problems.
* Work with the broader team for the secure design, development, functional planning, operation, and support of IT systems that fulfil the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
* Ensure systems adherence and compliance with security standards and practices.
* Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture (on-prem and cloud) is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events.
* Ensure support and operational documentation is continuously reviewed and up to date, as it relates to focus areas of this role.
* Operational and service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved.
* Provide oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
* Assist with the local and remote technology Infrastructure Team and work on assigned tasks, project deliverables and operational issues.
* Maintain knowledge of new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be researched and introduced, assimilated, integrated within I&O.
* Focus on Managed Services and Cloud IT strategy and transformation activities.
* Champion I&O involvement in the IT organisation's innovation efforts and its role in assessing and experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of for business improvements.
In addition to a fantastic opportunity working with varied global projects, this role will pay an attractive salary and benefits.
* A degree in computer science or equivalent with a minimum of 8-10 years' overall experience in Microsoft technologies and infrastructure.
* Must have hands-on experience and knowledge with the architecture, engineering, and implementation of global IT infrastructures.
* Strong background in achieving successful migrations and deployments in a running production environment at a global scale.
* MCSE and other relevant MS certifications required, and the following would be a plus - CCNA, VCP, VMWare, ITIL.
* Strong knowledge in Infrastructure and cloud security guidance, design, & implementation.
* Knowledge of other infrastructure areas such as networking, storage, HCI, security (e.g., firewalls and proxies).
* Good to have knowledge/working experience of scripting - PowerShell, Python, JSON, Batch, etc.
* You must be willing to relocate to Bahrain.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.