Job description / Role
Our client is a leading local holding company in Bahrain.
The Interior Design Manager is responsible for motivating and encouraging internal and external design teams to present the Company’s products in the best creative presentation. Also ensure that designs are produced on time, to a high quality, and match the customers’ budget. Overseeing the design process using technical expertise.
The role involves collaboration with marketing, sales, procurement, and external offices such as consultants and interior designers to ensure messages are properly delivered to customers through successful and attractive designs of our products.
Develop Design Strategies
• Develop and implement successful design strategies, outlining how the design team will create deliverables and implement them for the customers and project. Also, to participate in departmental strategic planning with the procurement, marketing, and sales.
Manage Design Team
• Manage the designers in all showrooms, evaluating individual design deliverables and overall team performance by coordinating with the sales manager in each showroom.
• Deliver critical feedback where needed and encourage team members throughout the duration of a project.
Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Procurement Teams
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure that success.
• Involve with the Procurement Department in the new products selection, coordinate with the Marketing Department the advertisements and displays, and finally work closely with the sales team as they are mostly involved with a product’s looks and presentation to customers and service level.
Present Design Ideas
• Develop and present design strategies to upper management, while speaking clear objectives and expected outcomes.
Evaluates Design Performance
• Track and evaluate feedback of the finalised and implemented designs.
• Set up measurable KPI’s which often involves filtering through customer surveys, responses to focus groups to create an overall picture of how well the design performed and link it with the sales figures and average sales value per customer.
Develop relation with 3rd party
• Develop relationship with the consultants, contractors, and interior design offices which usually have strong influence on the end customer’s decision. This to be carried on through presenting the companies products portfolio to those offices and highlight our strengths and services to persuade those offices to recommend us for their clients.
• Resolve key client issues and complaints.
• Develop a complete understanding of key account needs.
• Collaborate with the sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling.
• Plan and present reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members and possible use in future case studies or company training.
• Meet all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines.
• Analyse client data to provide customer relationship management.
• Expand relationships and bring in new clients.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• University Degree in Interior Design, Art, Visual Arts, or Graphic Design, or relevant field.
• In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry.
• Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
• Planning & Time Management: Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
• Project Management & Organization: Goal-oriented, organized team player.
• Mentoring Employees: Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead.
• Innovative & being creative: Self-motivated and self-directed.
• Managing conflicts & being considerate: Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
• Proactive: Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories.
• Being attentive to details: Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
• Communication: Being articulate and able to communicate proficiently. Being responsive and listening to critiques.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Interior Architect
Senior Interior Designer - Hotel Projects
Senior Interior Designer
Design Manager - Construction Developer
Interior Designer (Hospitality/Hotel Projects)