Job description / Role
• To assist the Head of Group Internal Audit in independently and objectively evaluating and providing assurance on the quality and effectiveness of the Bank’s internal control framework, risk management and governance processes and, of its subsidiaries as maybe relevant.
• To assist the Head of Group Internal Audit in the execution of the annual audit plan and generally ensure that the annual internal audit plan is on track.
• To provide a conduit between heads of businesses / support service departments (at the Bank and its subsidiaries) and the Head of Group Internal Audit thereby ensuring the relevance of the audit approach and ongoing risk assessment of the operations of the Bank and its subsidiaries.
• Conducting annual (or need based) risk assessments and preparing the annual risk based audit plans and, advising the Head of Group Internal Audit on the evolving trends within the organisation and/or the need for a revision to the audit plan.
• Conduct or cause planning efforts for individual elements of the audit plan and allocate appropriate resources (including self) to each audit engagement.
• Preparing internal MIS on the status of execution of the audit plan every month and coordinating for department level meetings to discuss this aspect. Advise the Head of Group Internal Audit on any actual or potential delays.
• Conducting and leading audits allocated to self either alone or assisted by other appropriate resource(s). Performing process level risk analyses, internal control assessments and concluding on residual risk and identifying opportunities for improvement. Prepare audit programs for performing test of internal controls and arrange for the testing work to be performed.
• Maintaining engagement level documentation of planning, analyses, testing and conclusions in accordance with the standards set by the department and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Prepare or review preparation of internal audit reports or other forms of communication on work undertaken by the internal audit department, discuss observations and recommendations with relevant management through formal exit meetings (and other means of communication as appropriate) and submit the draft reports for clearance to the Head of Group Internal Audit.
• Keep abreast of evolving regulation, business/economic trends, good practices, governance requirements and the operations of the Bank and its subsidiaries through external/internal sources thereby ensuring continuous evolution of the approach adopted in execution of the audit plan as a whole and of its individual elements. Furthermore, sharing the information thus obtained within the internal audit department.
• To assist the Head of Group Internal Audit in implementing a reporting framework by preparation of reports, analyses and other internal audit MIS and, in preparation of the internal audit submissions to the Audit & Governance Committee.
• Establish strong relationships with Head of Financial Control, the In house legal Department and other control positions/ heads of departments / key personnel to ensure that issues are minimised and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
• Manage, monitor, mentor and appraise staff in the internal audit department on specific engagements (where the said staff has worked with the Manager) and provide feedback to the Head of Group Internal Audit.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Minimum of 8-10 years of overall work experience of which at least 3 years in a managerial position within an Islamic bank and at least 3-5 years of internal audit experience is essential.
• Experience within a Big 4 firm of at least 3-4 years would be an added advantage.
• A relevant graduate degree preferably in disciplines such as Accounting, Finance or other business discipline.
• Must have at least one Further Professional Qualification such as CIA, ACCA, CPA, CMA, etc.
• An IT audit qualification such as CISA would be of added advantage but not essential.
• Must have perfect command of the English and Arabic languages.
• Bahraini nationals are encouraged to apply.
About the Company
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.