Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Islamic retail bank based in Bahrain , providing a diverse range of Sharia compliant products. They are currently looking for a Internal Audit Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate in the risk assessments, prepare the annual risk based audit plans and, advise the Head of Internal Audit on the evolving trends within the organization and/or the need for a revision to the audit plan.
• Planning for the audit plan and allocate appropriate resources (including self) to each audit engagement.
• Prepare internal MIS on the status of execution of the audit plan every month and coordinate department level meetings to discuss this aspect advising on any actual or potential delays.
• Conduct and lead audits allocated to self either alone or assisted by other appropriate resource(s).
• Perform process level risk analyses, internal control assessments and conclude on residual risk and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Prepare audit programs for performing test of internal controls and arrange for the testing work to be performed.
• Maintain engagement level documentation of planning, analyses, testing and conclusions in accordance with the standards set by the department and the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Prepare or review preparation of internal audit reports or other forms of communication on work undertaken by the internal audit department, discuss observations and recommendations with relevant management through formal exit meetings (and other means of communication as appropriate) and submit the draft reports for clearance to the Head of Internal Audit.
• Keep abreast and share with the department evolving regulation, business/economic trends, good practices, governance requirements and the operations of the Bank and its subsidiaries through external/internal sources thereby ensuring continuous evolution of the approach adopted in execution of the audit plan as a whole and of its individual elements.
• Assist the Head of Internal Audit in implementing a reporting framework by preparation of reports, analyses and other internal audit MIS and, in preparation of the internal audit submissions to the Audit & Governance Committee.
• Establish strong relationships with heads of departments / key personnel to ensure that issues are minimized and dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
• Manage and monitor the flow of day-to-day operations and team members' responsibilities, tasks status and overall performance.
• Serve as the unit's point of contact to communicate with other departments, resolve issues and provide reports/status reports on team activates and projects.
• Train, provide training and help develop team members to familiarize and update them about day-to-day operations, policies, procedures, techniques and tools to support task and/or project completion.
• Coordinate the team logistics.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in a Business related major, preferably in Accounting or Finance
• CA, CPA, ACCA or the Institute of Internal Auditors would be preferred.
• An IT audit qualification such as CISA would be of added advantage but not essential.
• Eight to ten years of overall work experience of which at least 3 years should have been in a managerial position in a Bank.
• Three to five years internal audit experience is essential.
• Experience in a Big4 firm of at least three to four years would be of added advantage but not mandatory.
• Strong skills and knowledge of governance, business processes, risk management, internal controls and internal audit in a financial services environment.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering