Job description / Role
Gulf Researcher is an on-demand business research company with primary focus on the MENA region. The company is planning to introduce investment research as part of its core service offering. This is a new business line targeting private equity firms, investment banks, brokerage firms and asset management companies.
The Investment Research Director is expected to launch and lead this new business line. We are looking for an energetic, proactive and hands-on individual.
The role includes but not limited to:
- Identifying market needs for this new business
- Defining the business strategy
- Training and developing internal capabilities
- Executing and eventually overseeing the research as team is built
- Business development and client interaction
Given the nature of business as an emerging start-up, the Director is also expected to have the flexibility to undertake other responsibilities as needed.
Areas to be covered in the investment research business line include:
- Financial data gathering
- Company analysis
- Sector analysis
- M&A target screening
- Deal transactions analysis
- Valuation analysis
- Equity research
- Financial modelling and forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with advanced level knowledge of Excel
- Highly proficient in interpreting financial statements
- Strong modeling skills
- Excellent in conducting research
- Strong multi-tasking skills, high attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Ability to train, supervise and lead others
About the Company
We are a custom research company based in the Middle East. We provide high-quality business research tailored to our clients requirements. Our service offerings include secondary and primary research across multiple industries and geographies in the MENA region and beyond.