Job description / Role
Overview of Duties / Main Responsibilities
- Provide and support the data processing function of the Hotel.
- Maintain the Hotel's data processing network system, personal computer software as well as training the associates on proper equipment handling and computer operations.
- Work closely with department heads and users.
- Establish an effective procedure that will limit access to those areas that house data processing equipment and to maintain the best physical protection over those same areas.
- Keep an off-site back ups at the bank and ensure that they are updated.
- Obtain a thorough knowledge of the hotel's main systems, P.M.S., P.O.S. and telecommunication.
In-charge of all Data Processing equipment in the Hotel. This will include but no limited to
- Personal Computers
- File Server
- Micros POS
- Telephone systems
- Hotel Inventory Control System
- Information Systems
- Electronic Door Lock Systems
- Word Processing and Database Systems
- Interactive TV Systems
- Responsible for initiating Data Processing Projects:
* Installation of new data processing equipment
* Adding a new system to an existing data processing system
* Installing revised versions of existing software programs
* Adding new applications on existing data processing equipment
* Interfacing existing data processing system to each other
- Responsible for the effective installation and operation of hotel data processing equipment involving the following:
- The development of a well-through out and detailed installation plan
- Monitoring progress being made against the plan
- Effectively testing system loopholes and bringing it to the attention of the Management
- Responsible for the effective and efficient day to day utilization of data processing equipment and/or systems. The IT coordinator will ensure that:
- Trouble logs and utilization records are prepared
- On-going training is continually provided and that all personnel are fully knowledgeable in utilizing the equipment and/or system
- Reliable back-up of hotel data and maintained and properly secured
- Contingency plans are review to ensure on-going operations in the event of equipment and/or failure
- Operational Manuals are developed and maintained on a current basis and used regularly by the operating staff
- Ensure virus protection for servers and workstation at all times and examine the entire system for the presence if virus or similar irregularities
- Ensure equipment is cleaned in accordance with maintenance schedule and keep logbook for the same
- Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out at the prescribed intervals
- Ensure a proper stock and supply of data processing consumables (stationary, ribbons, etc).
- Maintain up to date cable diagram.
- Maintain inventories on bi-annual basis on all computer equipment installed and provide written report.
- Maintain a proper filing system and adhere to the record retention.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study IT & Telecommunications Professional experiences 3 to 5 years Languages essential English Optional languages Arabic
Essential and optional requirements
- University graduate or equivalent diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science
- At least 3 years experience in the same capacity preferably in 4* or 5* Hotels
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Specialist
A Leading Manufacturing Company in UAE
IT Support Engineer
National Marine Dredging Company
|Abu Dhabi||6 Dec|
Bites Delivery Services