Job description / Role
Job Title: Junior Safety Officer (Bahraini Nationals) - Manama, Bahrain
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin's project management expertise and ABB's deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations - we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin's project management expertise and ABB's deep technological knowledge.
Linxon's vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon - A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker's compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Basic experience as safety officer is preferred
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Looking for only Bahraini Nationals
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).