Job description / Role
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Recreation supervisor/ Recreation manager.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Use proper equipment, and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Swim, move person out of the water if needed
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Recreation Communication and Coordination
- Provide information to guests about available recreation facilities, activities, lessons, personal trainings and equipment.
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Recreation Facilities Safety
- Maintain constant surveillance of all activity in the recreational facility and act immediately to secure safety of guests in the event of an emergency.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Explain and enforce the rules and regulations of the recreation facility (fitness center, pool/beach, tennis courts, squash courts, kids' area) for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
- Maintain safety and security of children participating in recreational activities by following company policy and procedure for working with children (e.g., use of waiver forms
Recreation Equipment and Supplies
- Obtain required number of towels from Laundry based on expected daily needs, transport to work area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court), and fold and stack according to company procedures.
Recreation and Fitness Area Maintenance
- Wash, mop, clean, and dry the pool deck in order to maintain a clean and safe pool area.
Water Safety and Recreation
- Rescue swimmers in trouble by swimming to them in pool or sea waters and returning them to land.
- Rescue swimmers in trouble using poolside rescue equipment.
- Monitor the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
- Personal Attributes
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Life saving
Fitness, Recreation, and Safety
- First Aid
Technical Certifications and Licenses
- CPR Certification
- Life guard certification
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Health / Social Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Education - High school diploma/equivalent
- Certificates - Life guard, life saving, First aid, CPR
- Related Work Experience- At least 2 years of related work experience
- Supervisory Experience- No supervisory experience is required
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.