Job description / Role
As a member of the Project Procurement team EMEA your focus will be on local Supplier scouting for logistics and cranes in the MENAT region. RFQ tendering and evaluation, develop best commercial and operational logistics & crane strategies in coordination and planning with connected functions to enable the MENAT business for competitive bidding.
- Create Transportation Requests for Quotation (RFQ) for commercial bidding until contract is signed and project is handed over to PM.
- Set up ITO budgetary cost and delivery strategy for transportation.
- Coordinate with Global Ops best shipping strategy and costing.
- Commercial analysis of route surveys / define cost for road modifications.
- Uploading Quotes to Salesforce and DRT.
- Support trial runs for new projects (delivered by 3rd party).
- Commercial port assessment with or w/o LSP (Logistics Service Provider).
- Feasibility study of port access, storage facilities within ports.
- Revise budgetary cost according to the recent updates and conditions; e.g. model change, supplier change.
- Drive new countries Outbound Logistics risk assessment.
- Coordinate with Commercial Finance goods import duties.
- Define country logistic specifics (convoy, escorts, day or night transports).
- Logistics Feasibility study and support wording for DocLoc and Contract Drafts.
- Develop landed cost estimates.
- Approach and maintain new and existing Logistics Service Providers
- Support Set up of new suppliers into electronic system (local scope)
- Support set up for correct Import Custom Clearance.
- Support implementing and further use of the Should cost model.
- Support the project fulfillment team to execute project in the region.
- Support Crane and Installation team to develop competitive local providers cost.
- Drive digital initiative for the region.
- 10 years experience in logistics.
- Technical / Commercial degree (e.g. Master/Bachelor) or equivalent knowledge / experience in heavy haulage logistics management in EMEA and especially non-EU countries.
- Relevant work experience in Wind turbine component transportation and Harbor coordination within the wind industry.
- Import / Export experience.
- Strong technical-, contractual- and negotiation skills.
- Clear thinking mindset to understand complex situations and act adequately.
- Self-confident and persistent characteristics for price negotiations and vendor claim management.
- High communication skills with the ability to work with global, cross-functional teams including internal customer, suppliers, and service providers.
- Strong and precise analytical skills for cost analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Pro-active and results-oriented working style.
- Fluent verbal and writing skills in English
- Academical, technical graduation
- Strong and proven TCI network
- Knowledge of GE processes and business operations
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.