Job description / Role
• Assist team leader in setting adjustments and loading raw materials in order to begin production
• Clean machinery when production is complete
• Keep factory work areas clean
• Assist maintenance team during repairs
• Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
• Setting up machines to start a production cycle
• Feeding raw material during production to machines
• Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
• Report anomalies to team leader
• Follow closely training on assigned work stations with in order to improve quality, processes and lessen cycle time
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials.
• Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order
• Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations
• Willingness to learn
• Professional conduct
• Able to work as part of a multicultural team
• Basic understanding in English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
About the Company
Ilium is a 6,000m² fiberglass manufacturing facility built on a 10,000m2 site within the Bahrain International Investment Park (BIIP) in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Created in 2010, Ilium was the brain-child of some well-known actors in the field of fiberglass reinforcements.
Ilium manufactures and distributes fiberglass reinforcement using a new and unique process technology that has been patented. Annually, more than 15,000 tons of composite reinforcement is produced and sold to customers in the transportation, construction, recreational and alternative energy industries in the Middle East, US, Europe, Asia and to developing markets including Brazil.
Ilium began its production of fiberglass structural composite reinforcements in September 2011 and continually innovates to produce products ranges suited to the needs of customers. One range of products is dedicated to Closed Mould Processes (RTM, Light-RTM, Press) and another range devoted to the Pultrusion process.