Job description / Role
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses change their accounting standards to the latest IFRS standards. We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you'll participate in and manage client engagements, contributing in both financial and non- financial service sectors. You’ll collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables, while ensuring FAAS engagement teams understand the client's needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
Timely delivery of projects in compliance with regulatory frameworks is essential, as is working with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery. You’ll monitor performance of the team against budget as well as identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client. Sales of new FAAS work will also be paramount in this role.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience, or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
· An undergraduate or master's degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
· At least 4 years of Big 4 experience (audit or advisory) and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
· Strong advisory (selling) mindset
· CPA / CA / ACCA / FRM certification
· Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
· Understanding of the insurance industry (general and life insurance) and marketplace
· Experience in solvency monitoring and stress and scenario testing
· Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
· Fluent written and verbal English communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
· Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
· Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
Ideally you’ll also have:
· Track record with a leading audit firm
· Proficiency in the Arabic language
· Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Healthcare
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.