Job description / Role
The Manager, Landscaping will be responsible for the development of new business, retention of existing customers, creating landscaping solutions for projects, building winning relationships with clients and suppliers, meeting the revenue growth targets, and managing the operations and sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Retention and servicing of existing clients allocated to him or her.
- Work with other company management to establish overall objectives regarding sales, production, profits, quality, staff development, monitor progress & ensure achievement.
- Develop departmental budgets and operates within them.
- Makes recommendations for equipment or other asset purchases based upon targeted goals and operational needs.
- Assumes complete responsibility for actual Income Statement and Balance Sheet performance to budget.
- Works to increase net worth, reduce costs and increase the cash flow of division.
- Constantly monitors the volume of work and job mix for maximum effect.
- Develops, implements and perpetuates employee compliance with an understanding of all Company policies and procedures related to company human resource policy, compensation, administration, safety and field or other general operations.
- Ensures all supervisory/managerial staff within the department have the necessary authority and are delegated adequate appraisable responsibility, required to carry out their assigned duties and achieve established goals.
- Ensures all policies and procedures pertaining to branding, company documentation, project documentation, internal and external communication, change management processes, legal documentation, etc. are complied with, across the Division.
- Establishes and promotes contacts with appropriate local and state agencies, associations, property developers, and other prospective customers, to obtain work for the division/company and to enhance good public relations.
- Promotes a positive relationships among all entities within the industry, including competitors.
- Keeps abreast of competition, area growth trends, market studies and other circumstances of a possible impact on regional operations.
- Keeps abreast of legislative development and government actions affecting the Company.
- Develops and ensures implementation of Best Practices procedures throughout all areas of the division.
- Works with associations, vendors, agencies, other industry resources to stay abreast of new methods.
- Constantly pursues new ideas, which could be implemented within the Company.
- Ensures the Approval Policy is complied with, across the Division, for all estimates, bids, pricing, contracts and change orders for work.
- Ensures any required estimates are produced in a timely manner and in sufficient time to allow the sales and estimation team to generate proposals.
- Manage budgets, review and approve sales documents, timecards, personnel documents, and other material to control costs and increase revenue within guidelines.
- Approves purchases as per the Approval Policy, and ensures purchasing is done in the most cost-effective manner.
- Obtains information from purchasing and other departments to anticipate and time any likely supply shortages and ensures appropriate steps are taken to secure material.
- Makes advance recommendations for purchasing solutions, wherever and whenever required.
- Oversees the enforcement of Company and Division policies in regards to sales, safety, and operating procedures.
- Plan and direct personnel / human resource management within the Division, including recruitment, hiring, discipline, promotions, terminations, setting performance objectives and evaluating progress.
- Provides for personnel cross-training at all operational and sales levels within the division to ensure seamlessly continued operations in the absence of any key or other personnel.
- Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and takes corrective action.
- Plan and direct staff development, establishing an environment that motivates staff and provides effective training.
- Fosters a spirit of cooperation between line and staff personnel.
- Performs periodic worksite inspections to ensure work is performed to standards of quality.
- Ensures all contract files are set-up properly, contract reporting is timely and accurate and no contract activity goes unbilled.
- Ensures job revenue/cost values (dollar value) are neither, over or undervalued or reported in either manner.
- Coordinates division advertising, marketing material, or press releases with the Marketing Department.
- Ensures the Division’s image is projected in a manner that suits the Vision and Mission of the Company and builds business value.
- Coordinates the work of the division with other divisions within the Company.
- Responds to customer complaints in a suitable manner, to achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
- Manage collections and takes ownership of the Receivable balance, both existing and future.
- Qualifies/Disqualifies any warranty issues and represents the Company in warranty resolution, after receiving the necessary approvals as per the Approval Policy.
- Any other reasonable tasks, as instructed by Management.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability & Behavioral Competencies (KSAB)
- Education – Bachelors in Engineering, Landscaping or a related subject + M.B.A
- Professional / Technical Certification – Certifications related to the Landscaping & Gardening / Horticulture, Project Management Certifications, Sales Certifications
- Language – English & Arabic (Preferred not mandatory)
- Nationality – Open
- Legislation / Compliance – Laws pertaining to the Construction, Landscaping, Agriculture and Contracting industry
- Specialized knowledge – Negotiation, Decision Making, Landscape Contracting, Contracts Management, Project Management, Landscaping industry knowledge, People Management, Collections Management, Hands-on Knowledge of Landscaping Machinery
- Experience – at least 6 – 10 years of relevant experience, in a similar role as a General Manager / Divisional Manager with a successful sales and business improvement record. Must have existing relationships with Contracting companies, Architects, Construction companies, Heads of Business at Property Development offices, Property Developers, Government officials involved in Land / Property Development at a National level
- Skills – MS-Excel (Mandatory), MS-Office (preferred), Proposal Writing, Presentation, Project Management software, Engineering Drawing software
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and ensure successful completion
- Ability to research data and summarize the same into a logical and easy-to-understand report/presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to turnaround complicated matters to the benefit of the firm.
- Ability to adapt to tough scenarios in a customer-facing environment and at the office
- Ability to anticipate process gaps, risks, management decision and work pro-actively, in favor of the department’s vision and mission
- Ability to communicate matters clearly to management and subordinates
- Ability to lead and manage, interchangeably, as required
- Ability to discuss matters and arrive at quick decisions
- Ability to diligently follow up on leads and turnaround into customers
- Ability to prepare and present accurate and logical reports and findings to an audience.
- Determined and Focused
- Assertive and Decisive
- Calm personality
About the Company
Focused mainly on trading in automotive and industrial products, Abdulla Yousif Fakhro & Sons has represented several internationally recognized brands for several decades. The distribution relationship with Dunlop tyres dates back to 1934, and other equally successful distributorships include Mobil lubricants, Dunlop industrial hoses, Dunlop oil & marine hoses, Dunlop conveyor belting, Omia spray booths and workshop equipment.
Servicing our customers with fairness and integrity and being sensitive to the needs of our own employees and to the community at large.
Providing good values for products and services of the highest quality. Incorporating cutting-edge technologies, management leadership, and progressive strategies.
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||22 Sep|
Head of Landscaping
Big Fish Recruitment
Ignite Search & Selection
Manazel Real Estate
Facilities Landscape Operations Director
|Saudi Arabia||26 Aug|