Job description / Role
- The position is responsible to oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of specific project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables.
- Responsible for effective Design Management, Vendor Management, Government Approvals, Construction Management and Handling over to the Maintenance and Operation.
- Project Excellence
- Timely completion of allocated tasks.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
- Meet contractual conditions and performance.
- Review the work progress on daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the project team.
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy the project.
- Prepare presentation of 3D designs for brands.
- Prepare and analyze costing for tenders.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Analyze outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations from the Government laws and regulations.
About the Company
The Apparel Group is a global fashion and lifestyle brand conglomerate residing on the crossroads of a modern economy - Dubai, UAE. The mercurial growth in the last 17 years has been by acquiring a host of world class fashion labels from around the world - Nine West, Tommy Hilfiger, Kenneth Cole, Aldo & Tim Hortons just to name a few.
Today the group caters to thousands of eager shoppers through its over 1530 stores, 75 International brands and employing 12,000 multi cultural staff in over 4 continents. Apparel believes in turning dreams in to reality and we give everyone - our customers, our stakeholders, our employees - an equal opportunity to do so.
Apparel group has carved its strong presence not only in the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Saudi Arabia but opened thriving gateways to market in India, South Africa, Poland, Singapore, Jordan, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia. Additionally, clear strategies are in place to enter emerging markets such as Hungary, Pakistan, Egypt and Philippines.