This position is closed or expired.
See other Marketing jobs
Responsible for achieving corporate objectives in terms of developing and implementing a comprehensive market plan and long term strategy for the shopping centre; Ensuring measurable objectives are set and met such as traffic, sales and profitability. Also responsible for formulating and implementing marketing tactics. As part of the core-management team, should participate in evolving the overall centre’s corporate policies and goals.
- Develop an annual Marketing Plan and Budget which clearly outlines measurable objectives, strategies, and tactics for the upcoming year in keeping with the overall centre and MAFI goals
- Plan and implement tactical initiatives and activities in relation to the Annual Plan and Budget
- Oversee all marketing related activities in the centre which includes; public relations, customer service, advertising, promotions, special events, loyalty (CRM) programs, community relations, etc
- Continually evaluate the competition and market conditions in order to ensure the centre is effectively positioned in relation to the competition, market demographics, and merchandise mix (product offering)
- Develop a comprehensive brand strategy and ensure the brand for the centre is adhered to and reinforced across all marketing and operational applications
- Continually seek new and innovative / creative ideas to ensure top of mind awareness for the centre and its attributes
- Initiate global strategies to ensure the centre is promoted as a “mixed use” / multiple layered venue; bringing together hotel, retail, leisure, entertainment, etc
- Develop an cost effective / efficient media strategy which will include quantifiable / measurable results and will aim to reach a “qualified demographic” in keeping with the overall marketing goals
- Prepare budget and control, financial management related to marketing; provide detailed monthly analysis
- Maximize the performance of advertising, PR and media buying agencies through ongoing monthly monitoring
- Initiate cost effective loyalty / CRM programs as and where applicable
- Hire, Train and Motivate marketing related employees
- Work to build positive relations with the retailers; ensuring relevant and appropriate programs are implemented to enable them to increase their sales and ensure their business is a success
- Ensure a comprehensive Tourism Plan can be achieved, in keeping with the overall goals of the centre
- Plan and organize Merchant Meetings, Customer Service Training, Mystery Shopper, Merchant Communications, evaluate and improve overall Merchant Relations and Customer Service on an ongoing basis
- Oversee all Centre seasonal and promotional décor; ensuring cost effectiveness
- Coordinate creative “think tank” and brainstorming sessions on a regular basis with marketing staff, customer service, retail focus groups, and consumer focus groups
- Spearhead and Chair the monthly Retailer Advisory Committee meetings and provide comprehensive minutes following each meeting
- Prepare and submit a minimum of one award in each programme per year
- Co-ordinate and plan for annual mall-wide sales during relevant “end of season” and non-peak, promotional periods
- Evaluate all agency contracts on an annual basis and ensure appropriate contracts are maintained and kept current
- Oversee, review and analyze professional research on an ongoing basis; conduct annual benchmark surveys – incorporating relevant factors into the Annual Marketing Plan
- Assist Leasing and support their efforts to effectively lease the centre
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Manager to ensure programs meet overall MAFI strategies and maintain an international standard
- Work with Media and Promotions and seek out synergistic opportunities to leverage budget through sponsorship marketing efforts
- Oversee the communication strategies for the centre as a whole; seeking cross promotional opportunities and advertising synergy where possible between and amongst retailers, hotels, leisure and entertainment components, etc.
Responsible for budget setting, control & financial planning of Annual Marketing Budget
Should possess a University Degree with 8+ years experience in Shopping Centre Marketing, Public Relations, Media and Management.
Must be experienced in event planning and management.
Required to be computer literate.
Must set strategic objectives & achieve high international standards with regard to shopping centre industry.
Must be a team player and be able to work with all levels of management.
Must be able to work with retailers & provide possible co-marketing opportunities for those challenged retailers within the Centre.
Must be able to provide the necessary customer service requirements for the centre and be able to elevate customer service to optimum levels.
Should have ability to formulate marketing strategies, assist in identifying markets for potential business ventures and develop business plans.
Should be self-motivated with an aggressive and a positive attitude forwards sales and marketing.
Can demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
The market is very competitive; so, should have the stamina for sustained effort as well as the ability to motivate the marketing and customer service team to retain the MAF's lead in the market.
About the Company
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is one of MENAs leading diversified property companies with operations across shopping malls, hotels and mixed-use communities.
The Shopping Malls Business Unit, an industry leader, owns, manages and develops mall destinations that provide memorable shopping, entertainment and social experiences for its customers. Majid Al Futtaim Properties has pioneered the regional face of retail, leisure and entertainment, since the launch of its first mall, Deira City Centre in 1995. The companys mall portfolio includes 17 shopping centres across UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt and Lebanon with a combined gross leasable area (GLA) of over 1 million sqm, more than 2,800 tenants and an increasing footfall of over 160 million visitors in 2013.
The Hotel Business Unit develops and manages hotels and branded serviced apartments that are synergistic with the companys malls. Majid Al Futtaim owns nine hotels in the UAE and two in Bahrain. Their strategic proximity to the malls contributes to welcoming over 1.2 million guests annually.
The Communities Business Unit develops quality mixed-use projects anchored by residential housing. Majid Al Futtaim currently has three communities under development. The Wave, a joint venture with the government of Oman to develop Muscats largest ocean-front integrated community; Al Zahia, a joint venture with the Government of Sharjah, to build the Emirates first gated residential community with a regional mall in a prime growth corridor; The 250,000 sqm Waterfront City development in Beirut, Lebanon, a joint venture with Socit Joseph Khoury & Fils Holding SAL to build Beiruts premier mixed used community with one of the largest marinas in the Mediterranean.
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is recognised as a sustainability leader in the MENA region. According to the 2013 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey, the company ranks No. 1 in MENA, second in the Asia-Pacific region and in the top 133 property businesses worldwide. In 2013, Majid Al Futtaim launched its new five-year sustainability strategy with the vision to enhance peoples lives through sustainable real estate. This commitment is reflected in Majid Al Futtaim Properties pioneering standards, prosperous communities and high performance assets.