Job description / Role
My client is a consulting engineering company Specializing in the architectural planning and design as well as the engineering design for mixed-use, commercial, residential, hospitality, industrial developments for the private and public sector.
Duties And Responsibilities
• To receive project brief from Project Manager/Lead Engineer or from Senior Engineer.
• Plan the resources for execution of design work as per the project schedule.
• Discuss and finalize the concept scheme, outline specification and query list for mechanical services with Project Manager/Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer and submit for Client’s approval.
• Keep updated/latest codes, standards, reference books, catalogues in the departmental library.
• Guide and supervise work of draftsmen.
• Participate in the meeting with Clients for discussion of Mechanical works for the projects when advised by Project Manager /Lead Engineer /Senior Engineer.
• Estimate utilities requirements and write to WDD/SDES for water and sewerage connections. Write to PSD for recommendations for fire protection.
• Prepare outline specification and Query list of Mechanical Services and submit through Team Leader for Client’s approval.
• Design of plumbing and drainage/fire protection/HVAC/Mechanical services as per latest local as well as international codes and standards.
• Design of mechanical equipment and piping for infrastructure projects.
• Design of waste water system/water treatment plant/irrigation.
• Concept Design, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design for the projects. Preparation of constriction/tender drawings, specifications, review/preparation of Bill of Quantities.
• Provide information to architect about space requirement, provide information to structural engineer about equipment locations and reactions, provide information to electrical engineer about equipment locations and power requirement.
• Coordinate with other trades/disciplines for the project activities. Check architectural/interior design/structural/electrical drawings to ensure requirements and provision of mechanical equipments are kept.
• Coordinate with Manager (Quality Assurance) and Director – Construction Administration for quality management and monitoring during the design and construction supervision.
• Establish and follow procedural standards for drafting and designing under consultation with Project Manager/Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer.
• Participate regularly in the project technical co-ordination meetings.
• Inspect and arrange for defect rectification during maintenance period.
• Review and comment on “As-Built” drawings, O&M Instruction manuals.
• Assist Project Manager/Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer in working the requirement of man-hour and no. of drawings for preparing fee proposals. Assist Project Manager/Lead Engineer/Senior Engineer in preparing technical proposal.
• Attend to the site queries received from Director – Construction Administration through Manager (MEP).
• Inspect, supervise and witness testing of mechanical services equipment and their installation.
• Regular correspondence with staff, other departments, Consultants and Supervisors.
• Provide reports/information when requested by Project Manager/Lead Engineer / Senior Mechanical Engineer.
• Correspondence with Client through Team Leader and statutory agencies as required.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering