Job description / Role
Provides mechanical project engineering services, including technical advice, package field management, infield liaising (with project team, client and contractors) and supervision of project (construction) resources onsite.
The Mechanical Engineer will report to the Construction Manager at site.
• ADPI staff:
• Team of MEP Engineers as well as Architects and Engineers of other practices.
Site Management & Deliverables - Construction Stage:
• Monitor and supervise the Mechanical Works (Air Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation) associated with the project in relation to quality, requirements and standards.
• Attend scheduled inspections via Work Inspection Requests, and provide accurate inspection comments related to the Mechanical works.
• Monitor the Contractor's performance concerning the Mechanical Works against approved Method Statements and ITPs.
• Monitor the Mechanical Works Inspection and Testing look-ahead schedules.
• Inspect of materials delivered to site for the use in the Mechanical Works, and ensure compliance to project requirements.
• Ensure suitability and fitness for use of Inspection, Measuring, and Testing Equipment related to Mechanical works.
• Conduct surveillance and regular walkthroughs of the Site to ascertain that Mechanical works are proceeding in accordance with requirements.
• Report any potential problems, issues, and deficiencies related to the Mechanical works to the Senior Mechanical Engineer in a timely manner.
• Produce daily record and report the daily physical progress of Mechanical works made by the Contractor.
• Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the monthly Project Status Report as required.
• Conduct snagging and re-snagging (as necessary) of the Mechanical Works declared to be complete by the Contractor.
• Assist in Testing and Commissioning.
• Review, approve and process all electrical shop drawings, material submittals, method statements & inspection test plans.
• Approve the contractors' as-built drawings & O&M manuals.
• Issue, when required, NCRs for non-conforming works of the Contractor, and participate in the resolution and closure;
• Monitor the proposed remedial and corrective actions from the Contractor on non-conforming works.
Health & Safety
• Liaise with the Senior Health & Safety Consultant to ensure the compliance of the Mechanical Engineering Team with HSE Plan.
• Minimum 8-10 years of project administration of large-scale projects within the consulting industry.
• Master or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• General computer proficiency and good knowledge of the following programs and MS applications: AutoCAD, Word, Excel, and Power Point;
• Professional Membership in ASHRAE/CIBSE/ASME added advantage
• LEED or BREEM accredited would be a plus
• Fluent in English language - both written and oral is a must
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.