Job description / Role
- Maintains and repairs diesel Cranes and equipment at the workshop
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of Cranes (STS and RTG), heavy and light diesel equipment's.
Main responsibilities: - Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and or remedial works (electrical) of diesel / hydraulic equipment
- Carries out maintenance and repair service for cranes.
- Ensures that emergency work is followed up.
- Carries out mechanical maintenance repairs, fault findings and monitoring.
- Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports.
- Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment.
- Carry out those duties assigned by the foreman and/or maintenance manager.
- Provides complete and accurate written reports on equipment, as needed.
Reporting to: Shift Foreman / Shift Manager
Working Hours: Rotating Shift
- Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of heavy cranes.
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major mechanical and hydraulic parts.
- Requires an understanding of repairs for cranes and RTG spreaders.
University Qualifications: Requires a high school diploma, an additional vocational/technical diploma in mechanical engineering will be an advantage.
Other certifications obtained: Any additional training in both mechanical/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries.
Nature and length of previous experience: Requires at least two of general experience in mechanical/hydraulic and Diesel Engines or Crane maintenance.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Requires ability to interpret mechanical/electrical and electronic diagrams.
- Requires good level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Requires Bahraini driver’s license, with good driving record.
Language Fluency: English and Arabic will be an advantage
About the Company
One of the world's largest operators of container terminals.