This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
MEP & Civil Quantity Surveyor
A quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building projects. From the initial calculations to the final figures, surveyors seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Measure the quantities of the contract
- Price all the variations
- Issues the monthly valuation report
- Prepare the monthly Interim Payment Application to the sub-contractors
- Prepare the allowable for budget control on monthly basis
- Initiates cash flow & keep updating it for accounts department
- Prepare all interim certificate payments to sub contractors.
- Issue all the subcontractors final settlement.
- Prepare final measurement under the contract.
- Assist Technical Office Engineer.
- Check quantities/ works done at end of the month
- Quantify all the back charges
- Verify the steel reinforcement stock on site and keep records up to date
- Monitor daily concrete pouring and weekly the quantity to be poured and the
quantities of steel
- Coordination meeting with Client/ Engineer/ Sub-contractors
- Issue the weekly concrete requirement
- Plan the execution of the forthcoming Works
- Progress meeting with Client/ Engineer
Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Working experience in Primavera P6
- Extensive experience, MEP & Civil
- Must have orderly and analytical minds and be prepared to work to very rigid time
schedules. As decisions involving large sums of money are often made using
information produced by them they must be accurate in all aspects of their work.
- Hard work.
About the Company
The BESIX Group is the largest Belgian construction group, a conglomerate of companies active in the construction, engineering, environmental, real estate and concession sectors. The Group was founded in 1909 and since then has known impressive and regular growth.
BESIX and its subsidiaries cover practically all fields of the construction industry and are operating in Western Europe, in Central and Eastern Europe, North and Central Africa, in the Middle East, in Central Asia and in the Caribbean. BESIX Sanotec is specialized in water treatment. The development of real estate projects is taken care of by BESIX Real Estate Development.
In 2009, the Group achieved a revenue of EUR 1.92 billion. BESIX Group has about 19,000 employees in 15 countries on 4 continents.