Job description / Role
Our client is a well established contracting company in the middle east. They are proud to have undertaken many prestigious and high-profile construction projects over the years. They create opportunities for their employees to achieve their ambitions and reward them with success Society will regards them as environmentally responsible because they understand local perspectives, promote good resource management, and contribute to a better quality of life.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to directly manage the safety, quality, and conformance of all MEP scope on the construction project.
- Provides constructability
- Supports preconstruction activities to ensure consistency with other projects.
- Ensures all field installations are in reviews and Value Engineering into the design process.
- Validates that drawings and specifications accurately reflect the desired construction quality and scope.
- accordance with the design.
- Attends Factory Witness Tests and ensures all equipment performance is to specifications and approved shop drawings and submittals.
- Ensures all Contractors and Suppliers are following safety best practices.
- Ensures all equipment is specified to be available, and constructible.
- Establishes a positive working relationship with the project design and construction teams, both internal and external to the client organization. Establishes a clear line of communications between the Operations and Construction and Commissioning teams, along with the proper protocols for issue identification and resolution.
- Utilizes knowledge of operational best practices and the owner's project requirements to review the project documentation for potential pitfalls and opportunities for improvement.
- Attends construction and commissioning meetings to keep abreast of project developments, to develop a detailed understanding of the facility design and operation, and to track program changes and their potential impact.
- Observes key installation and test procedures to ensure conformance with project goals and to gather information for operational documentation and training.
- Assumes responsibility for operational readiness. Proactively works with Construction and Commissioning teams to ensure that required documents and information are delivered according to specifications and on time. Coordinates with Operations team to deliver the information needed for development of the Critical Environment Program.
- Performs periodic site inspections and reports any construction issues uncovered or conditions that could affect the operational reliability of the facility. This includes meeting participation to ensure smooth coordination and tracking of issue resolution.
- Provides regular reports to Operations M
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have overall expertise in Data Center construction with specific expertise in Electrical systems and construction practices.
- Background in MEP Construction and knowledge of MEP Construction means and methods.
- Expertise in working around energized electrical work, control of hazardous energies, proper PPE for the task, lockout/tagout procedures, and kirk key schemes.
- Comprehension of critical-path schedule development, management of trade performance and productivity.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment. Even-tempered and able to work through conflict with others.
- Flexible and willing to consider others' ideas.
- Manages stress and/or fast-pace effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of critical facility operational requirements.
- Strong understanding of the commissioning process and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to be highly confidential.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience to meet requisite skill level.
- Requires a minimum of 15+ years' experience leading Electrical construction of industrial facilities.
- Requires a minimum of 5+ years' experience in a supervisory role.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering