Job description / Role
The duties of Midwife are as follows:
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans
- Undertaking antenatal care in hospital
- Carrying out screening tests
- Providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners
-Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Assisting women in labour
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
- Monitoring the foetus during labour
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies
- Candidate must be well experienced with professional license from National Health Regulatory Authority, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Overseas professionals with experience in the same field may apply as well.
About the Company
If you are looking for an exceptional patient experience and excellent clinical care, then look no further than The Royal Hospital for Women in Riffa Views.
Choosing healthcare facilities is a big decision, often made more complex by the need to make comparisons between different hospitals. We make your life easier by offering a full range of clinical services for women – including the only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in the island’s numerous private hospitals.
Our facilities offer an extensive range of medical services including antenatal and a Well Woman clinic, gynaecology, endoscopy, health screening, bone densitometry (brittle bone detection), breast cancer screening and assisted conception (IVF). Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit will start with three cots and we will eventually expand the numbers to nine. We also have an emergency assessment unit with three bays, which is open 24 hours a day to fulfill your emergency medical needs.