Job description / Role
Our client is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join the growing AWS team within Networking. The team responsibilities involve delivering new AWS EMEA region deployments. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers, external vendors as well as coordinating regional resources to facilitate smooth project execution in association with Technical Program managers.
An ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. They will be highly competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity all combined with a proven project delivery methodology.
This position will provide the individual with high levels of autonomous work with minimal supervision to drive the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks and to assist in the delivery of a new AWS region.
Network Technicians are expected to work with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and constantly think proactively and innovatively. The desire and ability to work in an ambiguous, collaborative environment is essential for success. In addition the role may require International travel of up to 20%.
• AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
• Work closely with AWS Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products.
• TCP/IP networking knowledge
• Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
• Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
• Familiarity with common networking terms.
• Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
• Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 20% travel outside traditional work area will be required.
• Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
• Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
• Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
• Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
• Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
• Experience with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
• Strong understanding of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc.) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
• Significant background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
• Several years of experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
• Professional experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus.
• Other Qualifications & Responsibilities
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
• Strong prioritization and time management ability.
• Due to the fact that this is a European project, international travel will be required at intervals throughout the duration of the project.
• Physical requirements
• Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 50lbs (25kg)
About the Company
RP International is the leading specialist recruitment consultancy in the established and emerging telecoms markets.
From our hubs covering the Americas, Europe the CIS, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific we have partnered with operators, vendors, systems integrators and consultancies in more than a hundred countries, giving us an in-depth understanding Of cultural sensitivities, local business practices and hiring requirements.
Our clients and candidates benefit from the long-term perspective and breadth of knowledge that comes from working with an industry partner.
From our beginnings providing telecoms expertise into deregulating markets, we have developed our range of services to supply executive search, contingent, contract and launch and transformation resource solutions across the industry.
Our historic success in cross-border search assignments connects our clients to a global network of industry talent.
We identify the best available candidates on a local, regional and international basis.
IT Infrastructure Specialist (Networks)
Al Baddad Capital
1st Line IT Support Engineer
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)