Job description / Role
As an Office Driver, you will be responsible for assisting partners and executives to and from client locations on a daily basis.
In this role, you will also be responsible for the delivery and dispatch of packages, mail and documents of all sorts in a seamless and efficient manner to various business locations, client offices, financial institutions, government bodies, post office, courier companies etc.
Your key responsibilities
• To provide a careful and professional service whilst abiding by the traffic rules and regulations.
• You will ensure the assigned vehicle is always kept clean and in good condition at all times
• Refuel the assigned vehicle and submit associated costs to the senior
• Carry out periodical checks on the assigned vehicle to help determine any maintenance needs and report issues to the senior on a timely basis
• Liaise with the senior on the daily schedule for pick-up and drop-off services
• Extend support to others in similar roles during busy periods and where workload permits
• Alert the PPED’s Executive Secretary on any delays in pick-up/drop-off
• Skills and attributes for success
Skills and attributes for success
• Liaise with the dispatch team on a day-to-day basis on the delivery of documents; location, timing, priorities, etc.
• Ensure a complete and accurate log is maintained for all documents marked for delivery
• Deliver and pick up mail/documents from business locations; post office, courier service offices, client locations, etc.
• Coordinate with courier agencies for documents, packages and parcels to be dispatched to other locations
• Assist with other duties in the office as requested and when workload permits
• Ability to work overtime and/or during weekends, as required to attend to urgent requests; airport pick-up/drop-off, package deliveries, etc.
• Manage and monitor vehicle repairs and maintenance services
To qualify for the role you must have
• Experience working for a professional organization
• A valid driving license
• Strong knowledge of the local road network
• Ability to drive professionally and safely at all times
• Excellent communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A background from a similar environment
What we look for
We’re most interested in people with big ideas who aren’t afraid to voice them. You’ll need a proactive approach to work and the curiosity to seek out new challenges without being pushed. If you’re ready to make a real contribution to our goal of building a better working world, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
• We offer a competitive compensation package
• Ownership for your area, in a culture that encourages people to speak up and challenge the status quo
• Career support from some of the most engaging colleagues in the business
• The ability to take on different responsibilities and learn new skills
• The freedom to provide excellence in a way that’s suited to you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region