Job description / Role
Our client are seeking an experienced bilingual (fluent Arabic and English) Office Manager to assist the Partners and the firm’s Director of IT and Operations in ensuring the efficient and effective running of the Bahrain office on a day-to-day basis. The role will report directly into the local Bahrain partners as well as Director of IT and Operations and will have management responsibility for the local support team.
The experienced candidate will help reduce time Partners and fee-earners currently spend on day-to-day operational and administrative tasks whilst also ensuring the office is appropriately organised as a high-quality working environment for all.
Role Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
• Point of contact – the individual in this role will be the primary contact for, and have primary responsibility for, ensuring all operational services within the Bahrain office are being managed and provided appropriately. The role will include but will not be limited to specific tasks relating to HR, Finance, Administration, Premises & Facilities, local regulatory requirements and Front of House although a number of tasks (such as within the Finance remit) will be overseen from the central HR, Finance, IT and Risk & Compliance operations teams.
This person will therefore be the point of contact for central operations teams that have overall responsibility for the operational management of the firm across all offices. The role holder will also be expected to assist with ad hoc issues and projects that arise.
• Human Resources – Management of local, internal HR processes, including payroll, time recording and absence management, benefits administration, local employer compliance processes, new joiner and leaver processes. The role holder will be the main point of contact with all necessary payroll and benefit providers/brokers. They will also assist the Partners and the HR team with the coordination and organisation of recruitment activities within the Bahrain office and co-ordinate such activity as necessary with other offices.
In addition, the role holder may be required to provide local HR support to the central HR team in relation to handling confidential employee relations issues, such as performance, attendance, sickness, behaviour and internal grievances.
• Finance - Act as a liaison/point of contact for the global finance support team.
• Managing local support team - Responsibility for ensuring that all local support staff, including the Driver/Messenger are organised and working efficiently to provide the appropriate level of support to the partners and fee earners.
• Facilities Management - Responsibility for overseeing all aspects of facilities management including confidential waste, office cleaning and building maintenance services, office furniture repairs/replacements and security access control.
• Office moves/space planning - Coordinating and managing internal office moves and re-configurations, working alongside the Director of IT & Operations with regard to all aspects of space planning and office fit-out activities, including overseeing fit-out works, liaising with building management and all contractors involved in build/fit-out works.
• Firm Operations - Assisting the Director of IT & Operations with ad hoc operational project support as and when the need arises, for example: testing and implementation of new internal processes, technology and software.
• Risk management & compliance - Providing support to fee earners in relation to risk and compliance processes e.g. engagement letters and internal file-opening procedures.
• Front of House - Direct responsibility for the management of the Front of House and ensuring that Front of House services such as management of the meeting rooms and reception are efficient, effective and consistent with the high standards of the firm. Responsibility for coordinating and managing client events hosted in the office.
• Management of local suppliers and contractors - Responsibility for the procurement and management of local suppliers including building and facilities contracts, office supplies, taxis, couriers, printing, catering, travel agency and any Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) / Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO), invoice approvals and payment processing.
Provide exceptional organisational, administrative and legal support to the Partner and Fee Earners in the office including:
• Document production, including amending and re-formatting complex and lengthy documents.
• Diary management.
• Managing extensive travel arrangements, including sourcing and booking hotels and transport.
• E-mail management including monitoring, screening, responding to and distributing incoming communications.
• Extensive filing of all electronic and hard copy correspondence and documentation.
• Organising occasional BD projects, e.g. legal directory submissions, pitch documents, amending fee earner profiles on the website.
BHD 2,000 to 2,600 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
The ability to multi-task, build excellent relationships and manage a range of processes, systems and people will be critical to success. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate the below key skills and competencies.
• At least three years’ previous business management experience gained from within a professional services environment or partnership.
• The successful candidate will have a proven ability to facilitate and coordinate operational resources effectively and efficiently.
• Prior experience of law firm processes and HR operational processes would be highly advantageous.
• Prior experience of managing support staff would be advantageous.
• Strong understanding of all Microsoft Office applications.
• 70 wpm typing skills, including audio and copy typing.
• Experience of working within an international environment would be an advantage.
• Must be bi-lingual with the ability work and communicate fluently English and Arabic
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate and work with individuals of all levels across all offices.
• Ability to manage own workload and be proactive with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Extremely strong communications skills. The successful candidate will be assisting and advising the Partners and Directors on key operational issues and processes and will be expected to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Sensitivity to the requirements of working in a partnership environment and the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion as appropriate while working in an environment of openness and collaboration.
Competitive salary offered.
About the Company
Headway has a proactive approach to recruitment and the methodology we employ ensures we take the time to understand the needs of both clients and candidates to guarantee the right fit.
We aim to create open, consultative partnerships with our Clients and Candidates whilst maintaining an honest and professional approach at all times.
As a team we are ethical yet innovative; focused yet flexible; realistic yet enterprising. We believe in earning our success by working with you to create yours.