Job description / Role
On-site Technology Support Specialist - Bahrain- Associate
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology – focuses on developing new technology for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
As part of Enterprise Technology, the On-site Technology Support’s mission is to help our customers fulfil their purposes and contribute to building a better working world by providing a fit for purpose support service.
The On-site Technology Support Specialist provides this support to customers within the country or site by performing multiple technology support activities. This professional demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks, working with multiple software and hardware technologies, in a fast-paced environment.
Your key responsibilities
• Facilitate and support the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware).
• Facilitate and support the provisioning and deprovisioning processing, including setting up of hardware/software for new hires, and receiving hardware from separating employees.
• Assist with (or coordinate) the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve end user incidents.
• Resolve incidents associated with firm-standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies. Identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
• Under minimal supervision, provide after-hours service for escalated issues and tasks from the Service Desk or supervisor.
• Perform asset management activities (procurement, receipt, inventory, tracking, distribution, etc.) as assigned and in accordance with firm policy and EY Technology process.
• Assist with off-site technology support for firm sponsored functions/meetings.
• Assist with IT tasks related to office moves, buildouts and relocations.
• Work effectively as “remote hands” for other EY Technology functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of EY Technology’s organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
• Understand the Firm’s business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
• The role receives direct oversight from a supervisor with regular contact to assign and monitor activities
Skills and attributes for success
• Effective analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues.
• Decision making responsibilities are generally limited to addressing a single end-user issue; ability to be able to prioritize incidents being worked on and communicate those priorities to end users as necessary.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is desirable.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Excellent customer service attitude.
• Ability to liaise and work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
• Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and peers.
• Approximately 2-4 years of experience in end user technology support
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region