Job description / Role
The Oracle Apps DBA is responsible for smooth running of the production, development and test environments and should handle many routine activities.
The Oracle EBS Apps DBA responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
• Ensuring the availability of the system during the working hours & weekends.
• Ensuring the performance of the system is at the optimal level.
• Processing the payroll files (full time and part time employees). Processing Vendor payment files.
• Managing the disaster recovery systems. Application of data fixes and bug fixes.
• Ensuring daily back-up is taken successfully. Restoration of the back-up to the test environments as and when required. Performing the hardware, database and application upgrades.
• Ensuring the successful completion of the daily incremental load to the Business Intelligence (BI) and availability of the BI production instance.
• Transferring the change requests of the developers to the production environments.
• Debugging and analyzing of problems in co-ordination with functional teams, developers and Oracle Systems Ltd.
• Users support for connectivity & printing issues. Upgrading the application, database as required. Managing the interfaces and ensuring the secure and smooth flow of data between different Government systems.
• Creating project specific objects, tables, indexes etc. in test and production environments
• Scheduling jobs, granting & revoking access, allocation of table space, looking for security policy violations, monitoring and reviewing the logs etc
• Smooth running of production, development and test environments. Administration and maintenance of interfaces between Oracle EBS and other systems.
• Regular maintenance of custom components after patching and upgrades. Preparation and maintenance of technical manuals. Preparation of technical documentation, user manuals & training
• Mandatory experience on upgrading the EBS from R12.1.3 to R12.2
• Must be experienced in Installing and configuring of Hyperion and its integration with EBS
• Experience in RMAN backup solution and TSM Backup solution, in building and managing DR site with Oracle Data Guard, in implementing and managing oracle Grid.
• Hands on experience in deployment of custom objects from development to production instances including application setup migration.
• Good knowledge of working on tools like SQL Plus, Toad/SQL Developer, working knowledge on AIX Unix, Solaris and Linux as a DBA.
• Understanding of data model for Oracle EBS Rel-12 different modules in financials and supply chain
• Expertise in development of Interfaces using standard Interfaces through APIs, Interface tables and data loading / in Change Management, Incident Management and Release Management is preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills Willing to work after working hours, if required
• The selected candidate will be based at the clients site.
• Must commit to join within 35 to 40 days from date of offer letter.
• Plus paid Visa Cost for self and wife/ 30 days paid annual leave / Air ticket every two years for self and wife/ Private medical for self.
• If you have the required experience, qualification and agree to the above terms, send us your CV by no later than Wednesday Feb 19, 2020 9 .00 am
• Working hours 7.00 am to 3.30 pm – 5 day week Sunday to Thursday, additional hours if required
• Highlight your work experiences with the JD requirements on the CV.
• Mail CV in WORD FORMAT online.
• Kindly do not send cvs that do not match or agree with the above
About the Company
"One Vision for Consultancy" is a one stop professional service provider specialising in:
Employment Consultancy (Human Asset Recruitment & Talent Acquisition): Using a competency based frame work; we indentify the best candidates to fit your unique organisational needs. The objective is to ensure recruitment of high potential talent for long term retention with the capability of achieving succession planning in the organisation. We offer both contingency and retained search.
Our executive team, with their strong corporate and business backgrounds and track record of success, will help you identify and recruit candidates within a short time frame to meet your business needs and requirements. We source talent worldwide as required by specifics or as set by the client.
Facilities Managed Services: We provide staffing resources and services for short as well as long term basis to support front and back office requirements.
Computer Software Design Development and Maintenance: Our objective is to first and foremost understand our clients and their requirements. We work with business alliance partners who have experience, highly skilled technical professionals, a working methodology and good industry knowledge. We provide our clients with solutions that are capable of driving projects to successful completion and customer satisfaction. Provide onsite IT professional for IT maintenance, support, system study, development, implementation or consultancy.
Technical Assistance to maintenance and operations of facilities: System studies, design, develop, implement, support, maintain and manage operational plant services.
Staff augmentation of professionals for short and long term projects.