Job description / Role
Paralegal/Junior legal Counsel - Arabic Speaker, MENA
As a large, sophisticated professional services organization, everything we do comes down to having the right people with the right skills in the right place. As an Paralegal/Junior Legal Counsel, you’ll support us in making it happen. The legal function of this large Professional Services Organization is dedicated to the provision of world class in-house legal services to the organization’s service lines and regions.
The Paralegal/junior legal counsel will report to a MENA Legal Counsel and support the organization’s member firms in MENA. The MENA region includes Saudi Arabia (KSA), UAE, Egypt, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine. You’ll be part of the region’s legal team and is expected to provide services to the business across the region. This role will be based outside of UAE in your national MENA home country (or Bahrain if you are an expat).
While this is a role for a generalist junior lawyer/paralegal, contractual negotiation experience with domestic and international clients is a critical requirement.
Your key responsibilities
• Deliver and assist in delivering legal advice and assistance in all practice areas of MENA
• Draft and participate in commercial contracts negotiations with clients and service providers and elevate legal risks to management
• Support business transactions
• Act as trusted advisor and develop relationships with all relevant business stakeholders, team
• Support legal function Network Teams and promote the teamwork & cross-support working between the organization’s lawyers within MENA and globally
• Advise, draft and negotiating negotiate various legal related aspects of client matters including contracts, master service agreements and tenders
• Assist in conducting and/or supporting various legal aspects of due diligence and acquisitions
• Assist in reviewing, amending and implementing changes to policies, procedures and standard documentation in light of legal development
Skills and attributes for success
• Unquestioned ethics, integrity and adherence to strict confidentiality
• Pragmatic with strong business acumen
• Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• High level of self-confidence and energy
• High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience
To qualify you must have
• Between 4-7 years of post-qualification legal experience, preferably with multi-national corporation or an international law firm with at least a significant portion of such experience occurring in the Middle East
• Paralegal with degree in law or lawyer qualified to practice law in the MENA Jurisdiction
• Ability to evaluate and negotiate procurement related contracts
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic is a must
• Ideally, experience of the professional services industry
• Developed commercial awareness with an outcome orientated approach and the ability to apply legal principles pragmatically
• Strong personal communication skills
• Effective planning and organising skills to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects
• The ability to keep calm in a crisis and to cope well with conflicting deadlines
• Negotiation skills
• Strong team player who is both committed and flexible
Ideally, you will also have
• People management and development experience
• Attention to detail in all aspects
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What working for EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
• Exposure to some of the greatest colleagues and clients in the industry
• Support, feedback and coaching in a culture that values operational excellence
• Career potential to grow both within the MENA region and globally
• A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply now.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.