Job description / Role
The future Plant Manager will manage a manufacturing plant of 24 employees across manufacturing, sales, supply chain and distribution, with 3 direct reports which include the Production Manager, Sales Manager and Quality Manager, and will report to the Managing Director.
Key player in the Electronic/Electrical Industry based in Bahrain.
The main responsibilities will be:
* Lead the existing manufacturing team in improving reliability, productivity and efficiency of the various production units.
* Continuous improvement and Implementing best practices in the manufacturing operations
* Creating / Refining and Implementing Standard Operating Procedures
* Creating / Refining and Implementing Standard Maintenance Procedures
* Implementation and Reporting of Manufacturing Metrics
* Implementation and Maintaining plant safety procedures
* Enhance the working culture to pave the way for future improvements - such as TPM and Lean Manufacturing
* Responsibility for Quality Assurance for the Processes, the Final Product and for Incoming Materials
* Projects implementation - whenever such a requirement comes up
* Industrial Relations
* Full Profit and Loss responsibility
* Defining and implementing a business plan for sales and profit growth
* Developing and leading a world class sales team
* Identifying new product opportunities with protected IP
* Enhancing the existing product range through continuous improvement
* Ensuring world class customer service for both external and internal customers
* Continuous cost reduction to ensure the business remains competitive in the sector
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience to be suitable for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent
* Extensive experience within the electronic/electrical industry
* Minimum 3 years of solid experience in a managerial role highly required
* A successful and proven track record in production and manufacturing operations
* Experience in sales highly desirable
* Fully accountable for the day-to-day operational and strategic management of the business and effectively manage all manufacturing site activities and sales
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
* Fluent in English (essential)
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.