Job description / Role
Excellent Salary + Generous Benefits Package
This is an opportunity to lead one of the Middle Easts most professional Precast companies. Based in Bahrain, one of the more relaxed G.C.C. States, this long established, British managed company offers an extensive product range which includes Architectural Cladding, Boundary Walls, Precast Framed Buildings, G.R.C., Bridge Beams, Hollowcore, Pressed Products and Civil Engineering Elements.
The role encompasses all aspects of managing a substantial and growing Precast business, in a dynamic business environment.
- Full profit responsibility for the precast business as a whole
- In conjunction with the Sales Manager act as the senior Company representative for customers
- Develop relationships with customers, consultants and Ministry officials
- In conjunction with the General Manager, set the minimum selling price for standard products and agree the costing method for general precast items
- Identify new opportunities
- Ensure the effective management of contracts from securing the order, agreeing payment & contractual terms, variations, valuations and monthly invoicing and final collection
Precast Design Input
- Assist the precast management team in providing precast solutions to customers including recommendations on precast element design, unit sizes and fixing details
- Identify new opportunities; including new products and production processes
- Develop marketing and sales literature
- Support the Precast Operations Manager in the day-to-day supervision of precast production; including mould fabrication, carpentry shop, steel fixing, casting, stripping, storage, loading, press production and stressing
- Setting the standard for product quality including provision of advice and guidance
- Ensuring that there are systems in place to control production planning and scheduling
Plant and Equipment
- Maximise the production capabilities of the hollowcore factory and precast yard
- Analysis of plant and equipment performance to identify areas for improvement and implementing at reasonable cost
- Regular review of plant and equipment to identify items for overhaul / replacement
- Ensure the company operates at the lowest practicable production cost
- Preferably you will be a civil or structural engineer and possess strong leadership ability. Experience of design, production and erection from within the Precast industry is a distinct advantage; however, candidates with significant exposure to precast from within the construction industry will also be considered.
The package is designed to attract the best. It includes a robust salary, good standard furnished housing with services, company car, generous leave and family status.
About the Company
Delmon Precast was established in 1985 and is one of Bahrain’s foremost precast companies.
The Company has built a special niche for itself in the Bahrain precast market and become a major manufacturer of high quality custom made products for Civil Engineering and building applications; gaining a reputation for quality, innovation and performance.
An in-house design team provides clients with a comprehensive design service, offering advice and guidance on achieving the most economic solution to precast concrete alternatives. Delmon Precast is able to offer this level of quality through well-trained, highly motivated staff and an experienced management team.
The Company has an extensive product range which includes:
Architectural Precast Decorative precast panels in coloured concrete and GRC. Precast boundary walls and building cladding panels. Monuments.
Structural Precast Elements Foundation bases, retaining walls, columns, parapets. Pre-stressed long span single and double T flooring units. Hollowcore flooring system. Precast framed buildings including offices, car parks, housing and labour accommodation. Load bearing wall panels.
Infrastructure Products Concrete pipes, culverts, cover slabs, manholes, septic tanks, pipe supports, cable tiles, marker domes, telecommunication boxes. Pre-stressed bridge beams, segmental bridge units.
Street Furniture Extensive range including kerbs, edgings, paving slabs, bollards, benches, litter bins, shades, bus shelters, light & flag pole bases.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies