Job description / Role
• Working with the Country Manager and Managing Director to strategically grow disciplines of interest and opportunity;
• Significant input in the direction of the regional growth of the marine team in terms of market sectors and areas;
• Grow and lead the marine team in Bahrain with full operational responsibility;
• Where opportunities permit and subject to specific requirements, lead any number of projects based resources in countries outside of Bahrain;
• Assist the Country Manager and Directors in growing the regional presence and look to grow marine capability regional in other offices;
• Lead the marine business development regionally and be a key point of contact for marine works in a number of strategic areas
Reporting to the Managing Director the role encompasses the following:
• Manage the day to day technical requirements and package delivery for the office;
• Responsible for the mentoring and managing knowledge transfer within the office and between ByrneLooby offices;
• Represent ByrneLooby and undertake a business development role in the Bahrain, UAE, KSA and wider (as required – Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait) for marine engineering and associated environmental/geotechnical disciplines;
• Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications for slope stability, earthworks and retaining structures particularly in the marine environment.
• Experience in piling, piled walls, foundation and retaining wall design, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations.
• Preparation of technical documentation, contract documents and fee estimates.
• Proactive in developing themselves and team members to full potential by promoting Continuous Professional Development.
• Liaise with ByrneLooby strategic marine partner in UAE to seek opportunities for design, site supervision and construction of the marine-related project in GCC;
• Plan, organise and lead project delivery;
• Front ByrneLooby Marine in the GCC region and wider projects in a Senior PM role;
• Provide technical and project managerial;
• Provide assistance and where necessary lead the production of marine-based tenders and proposals;
• As required grow the Bahrain marine staffing and lead this team in the delivery of marine projects;
• Coordinate and liaise with all members of the ByrneLooby marine team including GCC, UK and Ireland based staff;
• Management of projects from a technical, commercial and programme perspective;
• Management of marine team project related finances;
• Assist the Marine Director in wider business opportunities
• Responsibility for the resourcing and utilisation of office staff;
• Responsibility for the managed growth of the Bahrain office staffing
• Masters level in Civil / Structural / Geotechnical Engineering, Coastal Processes, Marine Structural Engineering or similar;
• Chartered level in ICE, CIWEM or equivalent;
• 6-12 years of industry experience.
• Experience of working in the GCC – particularly in UAE, KSA and Bahrain;
• Broad experience in marine structural design, coastal processes design, numerical modelling studies and an understanding of environmental engineering;
• Proven delivery of projects both technically and financially;
• Ability to self-start /manage;
• Proficient in English, both verbal and written;
• Drives technical excellence and delivery;
• Technical expert in specific disciplines;
• Team Leader;
• Client facing;
About the Company
Byrne Looby Partners is an international consulting engineering practice. We deliver engineering solutions for challenging projects across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. We are specialist engineering consultants with particular expertise in geotechnical, civil, structural and water engineering services. We are engineering designers for both permanent and temporary works and project management consultants. We provide assistance for civil engineering projects including water, infrastructure, marine, buildings and energy projects.
Our team will work with you to develop buildable solutions tailored to your project requirements and take account of your needs in terms of construction cost control, construction sequence and programme. At Byrne Looby our strength is our team, when you work with us you have a team of accessible, reliable and responsive experts who will deliver your project.