Job description / Role
Operating in select sectors and demand driven markets within the Gulf region, the company has a mission to be the top Bahrain based service and trading group. The company strives to deliver quality products and services to ensure commercial success for all their customers.
They are currently looking for a Procurement & Administration Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the department at all times and delegating work.
• Responsible for the execution of foreign purchases.
• Coordinate the execution of approved budgets.
• Liaise with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
• Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
• Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company.
• Identify and research potential new suppliers.
• Research new products and services to meet company's goals.
• Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
• Ensure all products and services purchased are adequate.
• Maintain all purchasing contracts and agreements.
• Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services including the suppliers.
• Assess total costs of company purchases.
• Develop monthly purchasing reports.
• Regular meeting with management regarding performance.
• Study existing and new legislation concerning the purchasing of specific products and services from local and/ or foreign suppliers.
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of the administrative department (Office / Reception) and staff members.
• Hire, train, and evaluate employees and take corrective action when necessary.
• Develop, review, and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
• Monitors and procures needed supplies for office, reception, mailroom, and kitchen.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Management, or a related field.
• Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement.
• Candidate must be based in Ba have good exposure in Bahrain markets.
• One to two years of Administrative Manager experience.
• Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
• Talent in negotiations and networking.
• Good knowledge of supplier.
• Ability in decision-making and working with numbers.
• Experience in collecting and analyzing data.
• Strong leadership capabilities.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Procurement & Admin Manager
Al Khor Holding
Procurement Manager - FM
Procurement and Facility Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|