Job description / Role
Job Description Summary
The Product Service Controls & operability Senior Engineer role offers opportunity for direct customer impact by providing technical support to the heavy-duty gas turbine GT8/9/11, 13E1/2, GT24/26 fleet in all phases of product life cycle. This role will be responsible for working with multiple cross functional teams to provide world class problem solving for Advant, ALSPA, Procontrol, Mark VIe control systems, gas turbine operability, and HMIs, to ensure safe and reliable equipment operation meeting customer and business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
- Act as a conduit and proactively facilitate cross functional collaboration between engineering teams, design teams, commercial teams, manufacturing and suppliers to develop and implement technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Manage cross-functional teams in execution of root cause investigations of GE equipment non-conformances.
- Provide technical guidance and support on critical issues for new unit installation startup, outage work activities, in service unplanned disruptions and customer issue resolution while meeting critical business metrics on quality and timeliness.
- Authoring of, as well as coaching and mentoring of others, in the creation of internal and external communications to provide guidance on major issue resolution
- Participate in coordinating and presenting at global technical conferences, webinars, and other customer facing events.
- Travel to customer locations in support during unplanned/forced outages and customer technical review meetings.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, for product improvement and team productivity by continuously improving processes in the way we work and feeding back fleet and product issues to design engineering teams to improve reliability, identify new opportunities, and drive development of effective offerings
- Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for all new unit installations in the region (Red Flag Review process) during the commissioning phase to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Demonstrate GE values and customer centric culture
- Bachelors' degree in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics / Controls & Instrumentation) from an accredited university or college
- 10+ years' experience in installation/Commissioning/Maintenance/engineering of GT8/9/11, 13E1/2, GT24/26 fleet and Advant, ALSPA, Procontrol, Mark VIe control systems
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Willing and able to participate in off hours support when the need arises.
- Experience working in global, matrix organization & ability to make timely and sound decisions based on data
- Prior experience in a field services engineering role
- Prior experience in a customer facing role or interfacing with customers
- Experience executing Six Sigma DMAIC, TOPS 8D, or other root cause techniques
- Self-starter with initiative and interpersonal skills to direct projects and work of cross-functional nature, with demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to work well with teams and communicate requests and requirements clearly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.