Job description / Role
A successful Construction Group are seeking a Project Engineer in Manama, Bahrain. The company are engaged in civil engineering and building works, with expertise in industrial, commercial, residential and hotel projects.
Position and Project:
Following the recent award of a major military project, they are poised to enter an exciting phase of their expansion. To maintain their enviable reputation and to help ensure the efficient delivery of this project, they are looking to appoint an ambitious Project Engineer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Execute plans and programs within the developed objectives.
• Prepare project Engineering schedules and forecast, project status reports and change orders in addition to coordinating and checking of engineering deliveries.
• Ensuring that the package for submittals to the clients meets all the client requirements.
• Process administrative work including change orders, submittals drawings and RFIs.
• Preparing and coordinating the project schedule and maintaining throughout the project.
• Planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Establishing effective monitoring and reporting.
• Develop periodic reports related to the activities of the department.
• Checking all layouts and finishing work accordingly such as drawings and as per specifications.
• Accomplish the work on a given time duration.
• Controlling manpower and maintaining their safety.
• To accomplish Daily, Weekly and Monthly report on a given deadline of submission.
• Supervise foreman and distribute job responsibility.
• Perform Engineering duties in planning, designing and overseeing construction.
• Monitor progress and ensure quality performance to design specification.
• Review the material technical data sheet.
• Preparation of Method Statement and review approval and comments from Project Engineers and take necessary action.
• Issue internal NCR (Non-Compliance Report) or site observation.
• Conduct regular site surveillance.
• Prepare QA/QC report:
• To check and ensure that the site work is done as per project specifications, Method Statements and as per approved Shop Drawings.
• Ensure that all approved and inspected materials are used.
• To raise NCR & initiate corrective action if the work done is not as per approved shop drawing.
• To assure and control the quality standard.
• Develop and submit the MoS in line with the safety procedures and project specifications.
• Attend all Tool Box Talks and safety committee meetings and ensure all attendees are signed and acknowledged the meetings.
• Attend all internal coordination meetings with suppliers and subcontractors and ensure all are on track.
• Ensure that all project related changes are timely passed to subcontractors and suppliers for implementation.
• Initiate the look ahead program meetings with all site involved parties and ensure that all understood the priorities, deliverables and milestones for the next 15 days.
• Degree Qualified Civil Engineering
• 10+ years of proven experience in the main contracting field.
• Previous experience working on Military Projects is highly desirable. Other military experience will be considered.
• Competitive Basic Salary
• Housing Allowance
• Fully expensed Company Car
• Flight tickets
If you would be interested in exploring or discussing this opportunity, please apply through this website.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.
Civil Engineer / Civil Supervisor
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jan|
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jan|
National Gas Company
|Saudi Arabia||24 Jan|