Job description / Role
In this position you will act as the responsible commissioning engineer overseeing the installation and commissioning of equipment, plant and systems for Substation ranging from 11KV up to 220KV. You will manage completion of all Assigned commissioning activities efficiently and cost-effectively
- Serve as the GE representative and focal point for the customer on the project, owning the customer relationship for the duration of the project, and driving customer issue resolution.
- Own project execution, including coordination of design, engineering, procurement teams and performance demonstration.
- Provide Project Leadership, effectively managing and facilitating cross-functional GE teams to ensure on time delivery, contract deliverables fulfilment, and margin attainment/ enhancement..
- Report and escalate as appropriate to ensure effective management
work in area of responsibility and proactively manages this work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and at targeted cost.
- Follows GE-EHS guidelines, Procedures & Practices regularly. Conducts Safety Observation tour regularly to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards.
Execute site activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance Certification;
Acts as the GE responsible for commissioning activities on a project & Ensures that GE is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer;
- ON site coordination with internal & external work groups to provide guidance on GE-health and safety requirements and work practices related own domain of activities.
- Uses agreed processes and procedures to ensure that all commissioning activities comply with the required safety regulations and satisfy contractual requirements;
Proficient in Using the computer based primary & Secondary testing tools for commissioning activities Responsibility for keeping testing equipment in good condition and up to date calibrated at dedicated companies.
- Ensures LOTO for LV/VLV systems.
- Commissioning of substations HV/MV primary equipment: Protection Relays, CTs, VTs, Metering systems, circuit breakers, disconnectors, GIS interface, Transformer interface, Integrated Control system interfaces, SCADA interface.
Commissioning of substations LV/VLV Distribution Systems, AC/DC Auxiliary power systems, Battery Banks& Battery Charger, Inverter/UPS systems.
- Protection & Control Systems- Transformer Differential & REF protections, Bus Bar Differential Protection, Line Differential Protection, Inter Trip protection, Load Shedding Protection, Transformer parallel operation, HV/MV Switchgear Interlock systems.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Diploma In Electrical Engineering with Adequate Work experience/Knowledge.
- Minimum 3-5 years Commissioning work experience for HV/MV primary equipment & Associated Systems in electrical substations.
- Bahrain national candidate is preferred
- Experience in following, creating and carrying out test procedures.
- Experience in investigating problems, diagnosing/repairing faults
- Experience in troubleshooting.
- Experience in writing reports and documentation.
- Able to ensure safe working conditions.
- Available for frequent travel within the country.
- Good level of English language skills.
- proficient in computer application (Word, Excel, Power Point, Testing software's, Protection /Control equipment configuration software's.)
- Good communication skills.
- Able to act independently, Great Openness to learn continuously - Adoptive & Flexible to Business requirement.
- Good self-organizing skills.
- Seriousness and responsibility.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.