Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Mott MacDonald is looking for a Project Manager to manage and administer the delivery of multiple Water Transmission and Wet Utility projects in Bahrain. An immediate start can be considered for the appropriate candidate.
- Responsible for project delivery, including budget, programme and technical output
- Project manage design, planning/statutory processes, procurement, construction and commissioning activities to ensure that the projects meet their delivery dates.
- Managing the full life-cycle of the project and ensuring the project is successfully completed from beginning to end including project kick-off, designing, execution and completion, all whilst ensuring compliance with Mott MacDonald's Business Management System (BMS).
- Attend regular progress and design meetings with the Client(s) and record and issue the minutes from those meetings
- Carry out regular review of project progress, budgets, changes, risks and issues and ensure that these are reported to both Mott MacDonald management and the Client
- Review project resourcing requirements and verify that adequate design stage and construction stage resources have been committed to ensure that delivery programmes are met
- Maintain control on project costs and schedules, scope, quality of work and project controls
- Review and communicate project health and safety plans with the help of the Project Safety Advisor (PSA) so that all project staff (internal and external) are aware of any risks during both design and construction
- Prepare monthly reports in delivery for the client and deliver presentations on progress
- Mentor and develop staff, providing leadership and positive working environment
- Monitor and review compliance with the requirements of the Group's management system and report findings
- Identifying, building and maintaining key relationships both internally within Mott MacDonald and externally with key clients
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university;
- A formal Project Management qualification is desirable.
- At least 15 years post qualification experience in the Project Management of water/infrastructural projects
- Relevant experience of the water industry or similar utilities specifically Water Transmission projects.
- Member of an internationally recognized professional engineering body
- Strong understanding of commercial and contractual management
- Develop relationships to accomplish team goals with dealing effectively with differences of opinion and conflict management
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules and manage resources while remaining focused on programme delivery.
- A strong practical approach to project management with the ability to work in a collaborative and cooperative manner with both the Client and Contractor to ensure that the works are designed and constructed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Strong customer focus and commercial sensibility, with the ability to work within strict timelines and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels including external stakeholders.
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behavior and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Leadership and/or managerial experience along with mentoring skills
- Ensure that Mott MacDonald HSE Policies are implemented in every activity
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
We thank you for your interest in this position and would like to inform you only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.