Job description / Role
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for providing the cost consultancy professional services in accordance with the quality management system and the instructions of the Line Manager.
• Measurement and take off.
• Preparation of bills of quantities
• Feasibility studies for project cost at the development stage.
• Preparation of elements of budget cost estimates.
• Cost estimates for alternative designs for construction project.
• Preparation to tender and contract documents.
• Preparation of schedules of rates.
• Review and preparation of tender reports and analysis.
• Preparation of interim valuation and measurement of work in progress.
• Preparation of interim financial reports valuations on the project.
• Examination and verification of contractors invoices interim payment certificates and claims.
• Measurement and agreement of changes in contract cost with the contractor, subcontractors.
• Review evaluation and agreement of contractor’s final accounts.
• Preparation of fire, insurance valuation and assessments.
• Preparation of cost estimates for refurbishment schemes.
• Preparation of cost implications of changes to the scope of work during a constructing project.
• Preparation of technical specifications for projects in liaison with the project consultant.
• Variation to contracts.
Other Tasks Assigned:
• Responsibilities include other duties as assigned: including special tasks involved in responding during urgent work situation
• This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties describes are the responsibilities.
• University / Technical college graduation or equivalent in the field of quantity surveying, civil engineering or construction management.
• Organizing and coordination skills
• Ability to foster a cooperative work
• Multitasking, assertive and quick leaner
• Computer Proficiency
• Must have the full capability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports together with technical and legal documents in English language.
• Therefore, fluency in the language is mandatory for this position.
• Financial analysis skills;
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situation.
• Reasoning ability: Proactive to solve problems and ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• The candidate should also be self-innovative, creational and able to work under minimum level of supervision in a heavy workload environment.
• This will be beside a quality sense of defining technical problems, collecting appropriate and related data to establish solutions.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
One Thousand Walls
Quantity Surveyor - Buildings
Quantity Surveyor / Senior QS
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||21 Mar|
Quantity Surveyor (Expat)
|Saudi Arabia||27 Apr|