Job description / Role
Our client is a holding company in Bahrain that acts as a government agency, managing commercial assets across 12 diverse sectors in the Middle East, Europe and North America.
They are currently looking for a Radio Presenter to be based in the GCC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the host, introduce and interview guests and interact with the audience.
- Present various live or recorded programmes.
- Develop own unique style of delivery, in-line with standards set by the “Head of Content”.
- Delivery of information to the audience in a manner appropriate to the programme, in-line with standards set by the “Head of Content”.
- Answer inbound on-air telephone messages/ calls from listeners, including for contests/ competitions, in-line with standards set by the “Head of Content”.
- React quickly and positively to any problems/ changes/ issues arising.
- Follow detailed instructions from the Head of Content in order to remain on scheduled plan whilst on air.
- Assist the “Head of Content” in preparing content for the programme.
- Assist in music selection as required and where appropriate.
- Ensuring smooth programming, in line with standards set by “Head of Content”.
- Plan, research and write own scripts before broadcast, in line with standards set by the “Head of Content”.
- Coordinate with production coordinator/ content creators to develop programme material while taking into consideration the type of show they are creating and requests from the audience.
- Rehearse and record advertisements and commercials where relevant and applicable.
- Supporting Head of Content with research on public media audio industry trends (multi-channel including digital radio).
- Attend and report events and press conferences as and when required.
- Work with other staff on joint programs, as instructed by “Head of Content”.
- Operate equipment (desk).
- Assist Technical team with applicable tests/ checks where relevant.
- Experience in the Radio field in the UK
- A genuine interest in, knowledge of and/or experience of television/radio
- Qualifications in journalism, communication/media studies, music technology, performing arts, English and media performance
- Advanced communication skills
- Fluency in English language
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing Coordinator (Remote)
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jan|
Business Development Officer
GFX - IT
Business Development Executive