Job description / Role
- To manage the reservations operations, including the communication Center, ensuring the hotel standards and procedures are fully known and followed.
- To ensure a proper teamwork and supervise the reservation and telephone operator section at all times.
- To ensure the all incoming and out going room reservation request are attended and handled as per the hotel standards and procedures.
- To attract guest and to enhance their loyalty, providing a distinctive service through communication and sales skills, in order to improve the hotel's image and to increase revenue.
- To recognize potential clients and to transmit information to the Sales Department
- To recognize VIP guests and to apply the concerned policies.
- To maintain a good commercial relationship with all the bookers: Guest/companies/Agencies.
- To promote the Accor loyalty programs and the hotel promotions.
- To ensure the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To act as representative of the Management when dealing with guest complaints or if a member of the reservation team is facing difficulties that she/he cannot solve on her/his own
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recoding it.
- To call Dir. Of Rooms or the RM for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To be fully aware of and to report all guest comments or complaints.
- To ensure that telephone etiquette is properly used as per Sofitel standards.
- To ensure a perfect knowledge of room types and rates structure among the reservation team.
- To ensure the accuracy of all booking information entered in the PMS.
- To ensure the Guest History records are accurately maintained and all recurring guest are pre-registered.
- To ensure a perfect knowledge of the hotel configuration and products among the team members.
- To ensure the achievement of Quality tools and yield Management performance with the reservation team.
- To implement and control the Focus and other financial and audit procedures.
- To offer assistance at any time in the operation and monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any dysfunction.
- To ensure and perform a proper use of all the equipment and property management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To implement and follow up daily check lists.
- To assist in securing external guest accommodation should an overbooking occur
- To know the competitors and to gather information about their activities and Sales
- To provide updated reports and statistics to the management and other departments.
- Update availability and rates charts on TARS and other booking systems/channels.
- To prepare forecasts and statistics.
- To maintain database for ATACS follow up.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the management.
- To ensure that all team members are aware of the outlet timings and promote the internal activities and events.
- To ensure that all team members are updated with latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To be updated with the competitors offerings and rates.
- To liaise closely with sales on rate management.
- To conduct a daily line up briefing with the reservation team to recapitulate task and activity.
- To attend any inter-departmental meeting using this opportunity to encourage the interactivity with reservation team and to review the operational standards and procedures.
- To share daily activity highlights with the Revenue Manager, including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To be an ambassador of the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance through each employee's responsibility.
- To interview potential candidates and assist in new employees integration in liaison with HR department.
- To create an atmosphere of high morale and happy working relationship among the staff.
- To conduct staff evaluations and surveys.
- To develop staff motivation and performance through action plans.
- To become involved in staff retention and satisfaction.
- To ensure training and regular "refresher" courses are conducted and attended as scheduled.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Management Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
- Arabic (Working level)
Essential and optional requirements
- Result-oriented attitude
- Customer focus
- Proficient knowledge of Hotel systems (Opera, PMS, TARS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Spoken & Written English
- Knowledge in other Languages will be an advantage (French, Arabic)
- GCC Experience
- Reservation Management experience
- Degree in Hotel Management or Similar
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Senior Logistics Executive
One Vision for Consultancy