Job description / Role
The Resident Engineer is responsible for the execution of the Engineer's Representative duties on the project(s). He or she will be responsible for the successful delivery, discharge and performance of the Consultant's Supervision duties as defined in the Consultancy scope of works and for the Engineer's duties as defined under the FIDIC Redbook 1999 conditions of contract. The role involved, inter alia, the management of the daily activities and performance of the Supervision team . Constant liaisons with the PMC, the Client and other Consultants on project related matters. Undertaking of daily, weekly and monthly meetings with all stakeholders including the Client, Project Management Consultant etc.
The Resident Engineer will take full responsibility and shall be accountable for the effective performance of the supervision activities in accordance with the contract, the codes and specifications and to the highest professional standards.
Tasks, activities and responsibilities
The responsibilities/tasks of the Resident Engineer shall include, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Support and report to the Project Director on the monitoring of the Consulting Engineer activities, progress of works, coordination, and resolution of the site issues.
- Monitor, report and provide assurance to the Project Director, that the Consulting Engineer is administering the construction contract in accordance to the Client's expectation towards time, cost and quality.
- Manage and monitor the relevant project information and documents related to progress, issues, Non-conformities, correctives actions, reports, plans and logs from the supervision team and contractors and provide approval towards the same.
- Manage and Monitor the communication protocol with the Project Manager and the Client (if required).
- Implement and monitor the specific QA/QC programme, on behalf of the Consulting Engineer and the Contractors and ensure that the plans are in line with the PMC and the Client expectations including relevant stakeholders. Further ensure that quality plans are adhering to the requirements outlined in the contracts, specifications and quality standards
- Ensures that the monthly and weekly construction reports are prepared by the Consulting Engineer and manage issues such as (but not limited to) schedule status, budget status, quality issues, safety issues, operational issues, procurement status, construction/engineering problems, correspondence status and actions taken to address concerns, and progress photographs.
- Chair and manage progress meetings with the Consulting Engineer, the Client, stakeholders, contractors and helps resolve outstanding issues particularly related to site.
- Attends progress meetings arranged by the Consulting Engineer to discuss procedures, progress, schedules and problems which may require a decision or an action from the Client and/or stakeholders and coordinates for the resolution of the issues.
- Ensures that the Client's requirements are fully translated in to project realization.
- Reviews and comments on the content, standards, documents, specifications and other project documents related to his trade/discipline and report any flaws, ambiguities, mistakes or any missing details in drawing or documents.
- Coordinates reviews and comments on the materials and samples (when required).
- Assigns tasks and monitors activities of ADPI staff (if any) working under his supervision and gets feedback/reports from them
- Perform any other job assigned by the ADPI management within the framework of his contract and skills
In the framework of his activities, the Resident Engineer works efficiently to fulfill ADPI QMS requirements
Skills and competencies, qualifications and personal attributes
The Resident Engineer is expected to have following qualifications and demonstrates the following skills and competences:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 15 years' experience; out of which minimum 5 years' experience should be on the large sized construction projects and specifically in airport projects
- Member of a recognized Engineering Institute.
- Eligible for GCC engineering membership.
- Experienced in FIDIC environment contracts
- Familiar with ICAO and IATA rules and regulations.
- Experienced in managing and coordinating project tasks
- Excellent presentation and coordination skills
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Fluent in English; reading, writing and speaking
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good IT skills with knowledge of the MSWord, Excel and MS Project)
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.