Job description / Role
Our client is one of the oldest banks in the Kingdom of Bahrain, which was established 50+ years ago. It aims to be the number one bank in the region.
They are currently looking for a Risk Manager to be based in Bahrain.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the Risk Management Framework is fit for purpose
• In conjunction with the Head Office Iraq, maintain and enhance Bank’s Governance Risk.
• Build on a strong risk culture within the Group at both staff and Board level.
• Provide active coaching, guidance and support throughout the Branch to effectively implement the Risk Management Framework.
• Conduct, identify and report to the Head of Risk - Iraq on key risks and emerging risks arising from the business units or through strategic risk assessments.
• Monitor the impact of the Board’s business planning on the risk management framework.
• Monitor changes in business/operations and consequent impacts on the business risks.
• Prepare reports for the CEO and Board of Directors on any risk matter.
• Work with the senior management to promote and embed a risk management culture.
• Stay abreast of contemporary industry practices and knowledge.
• The incumbent acts as the key interface between the branch and Head Office in assessing the
• Following risks within their respective business unit processes: Operational Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Compliance Risk, Others.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Qualification & Requirements:
• 2+ years’ experience in risk management, preferably within the financial services sector.
• Must have banking experience
• Significant experience conducting risk assessments within multiple categories of risks. e.g. operational, investment, governance, strategic, external and outsourcing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary risk management models, developing KRI’s, assessing, control effectiveness, and, developing management and board reporting.
• Proven history of building and maintaining strong relationships and using strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain credibility to build, lead and manage the risk framework.
• Proven professional ethics and integrity.
• Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information.
• Bachelor of Business, Laws or Management.
• Other relevant professional qualification will be and advantage such as, CFA, FRM, PRM, etc.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering