Job description / Role
Our client is an internationally acclaimed Fintech company who are looking for a Risk Officer to join their Bahrain office. This role will be instrumental in safeguarding the activities of the business as they move through this exciting growth phase. The role offers scope for development and progression for the successful individual. Ambitious Risk professionals are encouraged to join this dynamic organization.
- Develop and communicate risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits and submit recommendations to the Board.
- Develop and implement the risk management infrastructure of the company.
- Develop, review and maintain risk policies and procedures to establish the risk management and control framework on the operations of the company.
- Develop, review and revise risk measurement methodologies and risk models for all major risks in line with best practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Implement appropriate risk reporting to the Board and senior management.
- Perform business, financial and operational risk analysis to support senior management in their decision making.
- Prepare specific risk reports for presentation to Senior Management advising them of pertinent issues relative to enterprise risk issues.
- Review and recommend IT support required for a smooth enterprise risk management function in the company.
- 5 years of practical experience in the financial sector of which at least 3 years in a risk management department.
- Ability to interpret the regulatory requirements and apply them to the business processes and effectively communicate them to relevant personnel
- Understanding of CBB Rulebooks, MOIC regulations & IFRS (applicable provisions).
- Hold a degree from a university at Bachelor level or higher or relevant professional qualification
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Manager - Accounting and Finance
Human Capital House
Human Capital House