Job description / Role
- Reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Prospecting new accounts for Mercure Grand Hotel SEEF Bahrain and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.
- Ensure that all accounts are properly updated in Opera. Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for
- each account. Action any group and event enquiry and ensure accurate hand over for follow up to Inspired
- To support: Sales Co-coordinator in carrying out his / her roles effectively (i.e. by ensuring there are enough sales kits available for the week)
- Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service. Ensure accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
- Rates sheets must be accurate at all times. Communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to
- To arrange and manage familiarization / educational trips in line with business needs.
- Respond within 24 hours to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Opera and communicating to Inspired Meeting Manager for further follow up.
- Fully aware of ACCOR and Mercure programs
- Fully aware of the ACOR values
- Should perform other duties assigned by superior(s).
Commercial / Sales
- Provides answers that are adapted to customers' needs, taking the accommodation possibilities into account
- Rapidly identifies the new customer and modifies the sales pitch accordingly
- Informs customers about the services on offer at the hotel and encourages use
- Is familiar with the local area around the hotel, including the competition
- Suggests other Mercure or Accor hotels to customers if the hotel is full
Management and administration
- Helps optimise occupancy and average room rates
- Respects and applies the hotel and brand's pricing policies
- Implements the Revenue Management policy
- Level of Education Others Areas of study Other Professional experiences 1 to 2 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.