Job description / Role
• The Sales Specialist Islamic Finance is responsible for new business development to customers in the Islamic finance industry - prospecting/cold calling for new clients and developing new business opportunities within existing customer account relationships by expanding into new strategies and customer groups for a specific customer workflow.
• The role has major emphasis on opening up new business, both within existing accounts and new customers. Focusing on growth based on a value sale. Be the voice of the customer, feeding into SBU to inform business strategy. May also assist in key retention situations as required.
• The position will be based in Manama with travel around the MEA region as necessary.
• To drive and lead midsize scale desktop sales, including development and execution of displacement programs at new or existing accounts
• To drive and lead the large scale sales of desktops related to end-user workflow
• Take lead role on midsize scale desktop initiatives
• Build relationships and communities with end-users by understanding and fulfilling their business needs
• Development and execution of displacement programs at new or existing accounts
• Support large scale product renewals
• Partner and supplement new sales initiatives with Inside Sales according to workflow specialism
• A Bachelor’s degree in Banking/Finance/Economics or a closely related discipline from a recognised university (Specialisation in Islamic Finance gained either through undergraduate, graduate or through related work experience)
• The right candidate must have deep domain knowledge of products/solutions, markets, industry professionals, trends, and competitors within the Islamic Finance marketplace / Islamic capital markets.
• At least 3-4 years selling desktop or research related products to the Islamic Finance or Treasury or Fixed Income community.
• History of sales success in a team selling environment.
• Deep understanding of the cultural characteristics of Middle Eastern customers, either through being a local or spending years working in similar environment
• Work experience in either Treasury or debt or equity capital markets as an analyst.
• Industry qualifications preferred (CFA, MBA, CMT, Series 7)
• Other: Presentation skills (verbal & written); Strong interpersonal skills; ability to organize and execute a sales plan; ability to use MIS systems
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
If you are interested, please send an updated copy of your CV now.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.