Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
• Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
• A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
• The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants
• Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
• Review supplier invoices, general ledger coding of expenses and verify supplier payments with supporting invoices, PRs, POs, etc.
• Verify expense reimbursement with supporting documents and ensure that they are in accordance with the policies and procedures.
• Prepare the general ledger reconciliation and follow up for the renewals of contracts expiring
• Adjust entries to be prepared based on general ledger reconciliation
• Prepare, post and update standard journal vouchers and adjustment journal voucher entries at the month end, such as - prepaid expense, operating provisions, payroll, payroll accruals, general stores issues, engineering store issues, reconciliation of food & beverage cost, accruals, provisions, allocation of expense, etc.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget variances according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Prepare bank reconciliation statement and review general ledger at month end and analyze expenses and major variations from the budget
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
BHD 650 to 850 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• You should have a degree in accounting and at least 5-7 years previous experiences within a Hospitality Industry.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System an asset.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process, advanced MS Excel skills, accuracy and attention to details,
About the Company
Edara Consultancy is a company that offers top tier Human Resources and Administration outsourcing solutions and provide companies and business owners an alternative choice for managing their Human Resources function.
In a globalized and competitive market as well as the ever growing local and international regulations, the demand for HR services whether on a basic or sophisticated level has become compulsory. Edara consultancy was established to address these needs and provide business owners flexible options by choosing the service that best fits their business.